My first new review: Fenix E35 v3

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Welcome to my first review in over six years. :)

As I explained in my recent return to reviewing post, I've decided to start doing some new reviews - focusing initially on the 1x21700 battery class. These will be posted on my newly revamped flashlightreviews.ca website - with greatly expanded functionality, including a database feature and the ability for you post your comments right on the reviews there.

Since the first light I ever reviewed here was the Fenix L2D, I though I would herald my return symbolically with the Fenix E35 v3. I know it's nothing fancy, and has been around for a couple of years now, but I thought it was a good place to start as a reference for the new models I'm going to start posting soon. And yes, I know, Fenix has recently come out with the E35R, but it appears to have mainly minor upgrades (none of which I expect will affect circuit performance).

Read the review here: Fenix E35 v3

As a "teaser" for what you will find in the reviews, here's one of the zoomed-in runtime graphs, comparing the first few mins of runtime to some of the competition (soon to be reviewed):

E35-Max-Expanded.gif

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the new website and reviews! :clap:

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
The King of Flashlight Reviews has returned!! All hail!!! :bowdown:

Looking forward to your reviews to see if any of the new stuff out there will pique my interest again. I haven't been tempted to pick up anything new for years now due to weird, finicky, gimicky user interfaces. I'll be watching to see if any more old-school throwback lights ever come along with simple usable interfaces like the early Fenix tight/loose modes.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
The King of Flashlight Reviews has returned!! All hail!!! :bowdown:

Looking forward to your reviews to see if any of the new stuff out there will pique my interest again. I haven't been tempted to pick up anything new for years now due to weird, finicky, gimicky user interfaces. I'll be watching to see if any more old-school throwback lights ever come along with simple usable interfaces like the early Fenix tight/loose modes.
Haha, thanks for the warm welcome back. :D

And hear you. As I explained in my recent return to review thread in this forum (also posted to my site), that is a big part of why I stopped reviewing, I'm still testing new lights, but it is interesting to see the approaches. We'll see how it goes.