Napa H11NVLEDF2N Are They Decent/Good?

jzchen

Enlightened
I have been looking at H11 LEDs, more specifically for fog light use in a '12 Prius v (wagon). Currently it has yellow H11 bulbs I think Nokya brand. I am happy with the lamps which I only use in foggy conditions, just kind of got bored and was interested in branded H11 LEDs, stuff that hopefully don't cause serious noise issues like the cheaper no name brands can make.

I noticed compared to other offerings they are rated at 18W and 1900 LM. While it is difficult to find LM ratings for the others I saw 14W and 12W, (which aren't as impressive to my naive mind).

Thoughts please?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
They make ... an... effort to replicate filament geometry as opposed to the older bugeye things with as many generic triple-diode 5050 packages as cold be stuffed into a shape that would clear the bulb aperture in most headlamp assemblies. Suspect subjective performance will be better in a projector housing than a reflector because the shield will at least attempt to limit glare.

6000K isn't great for CCT - verging on angry blue - but not far off from OEMs centering around 5700K.

18W is a bit of power for such a small package. A quick glance at the OEM propaganda doesn't say much other than "Thermal protection".

Price is on par with the better aftermarket products suggesting there's a modicum of design effort that went into them.

These will in no way be legal on the roads in North America, Europe, anywhere else that type-classifies H11 bulbs.

EJR

Newly Enlightened
BIG FAT NO.

Those ridiculous LED bulbs have 3 Cree domed chips which do not replicate the filament whatsoever. This will result in a very poorly focused and glaring beam.

napa h11 led.jpg

And for $175?? You can buy a set of used (good condition) factory Toyota LED fogs that are compatible with your Prius for that price.

The closest H11 LED suitable for your fogs would be the Philips Xtreme Ultinon LED fog. In your Valeo factory halogen fogs they retained the factory beam pattern but didn't really improve overall output.

philips xtreme ultinon Valeo Toyota fog.png

So best to stick with H11 halogen. Or upgrade to factory LED.

Last edited: