Need advice about Megaray MR-175

iwhitey

Newly Enlightened
I have a Megaray MR175 that works great in low and high, but when I go to the strobe selection, it strobes once and dies. At that point it won't light in any setting. All I have to do is charge the battery and hook it back up and it's all good. I'm hoping it's just a short in the switch, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Thanks.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
No experience but sounds like battery protection circuit is tripping strange that it happens because strobe shouldn't need to pull more current than High
Just my 2 cents

iwhitey

Newly Enlightened
I'm actually thinking the same thing, but was hoping that it was just the switch. I can't see how it pull more amperage when strobing vs. the high setting either, but maybe it has something to do with the spike it sees when turning on the bulb? It will strobe once, then stop. It looks like I may have to contact the manufacturer. I'm trying not to put a lot of money into this since what I really want to do is sell this light. I never use it and it seems like a waste just sitting there. I'll have to see what they suggest and go from there.