Need something that uses this battery

Indiana

Newly Enlightened
I bought the wrong battery and i can't return it, so now i need something that will fit it. Any torches out there that would run this battery?

battery.jpg

parang

Newly Enlightened
I think the world is your oyster with that one.
What kind of light would you like? Throw or flood?
Warm or cold color temperature?
Headlamp?

Indiana

Newly Enlightened
I think the world is your oyster with that one.
What kind of light would you like? Throw or flood?
Warm or cold color temperature?
Headlamp?

I would prefer a throw - temp doesn't matter - no headlamp, looking to stay handheld

3_gun

Enlightened
Many makers list lights by battery type .. you'll only have a few thousand to pick from with a 18650

Indiana

Newly Enlightened
the problem is the head of the battery. it doesn't have the dull point, instead its just a flat surface. i tried it in one of my torches and it doesn't work. see photo of battery head below

battery head.jpg

3_gun

Enlightened
New wrinkle but a small one. Most makers will let you know weather either/or protected/unprotected & button/flat top batteries are needed. Then we get to odd ball proprietary (Olight) batteries. Still a flat top 18650 will have a few hundred lights to pick from today

parang

Newly Enlightened
FWIW, I went with the Manker MC13 with the 18650 extension tube. Green light model which is wildlife friendly..

Indiana

Newly Enlightened
FWIW, I went with the Manker MC13 with the 18650 extension tube. Green light model which is wildlife friendly..

Thanks for the recommendation, i'll check it out

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's your budget? There really are hundreds of choices. User above wasn't being rude. Are you familiar with that battery chemistry? Lots of good reading here on proper charging and use for INR batteries. If you are savvy you could also just solder a small blob on top of the battery to make it work with your light. Don't recommend if you aren't comfortable of course.

Indiana

Newly Enlightened
What's your budget? There really are hundreds of choices. User above wasn't being rude. Are you familiar with that battery chemistry? Lots of good reading here on proper charging and use for INR batteries. If you are savvy you could also just solder a small blob on top of the battery to make it work with your light. Don't recommend if you aren't comfortable of course.
250 and under would be the budget. I have been reading since yesterday on INR batteries because, to answer your question, no - i am not familiar with them. I bought the INR on accident and i'm getting a bit frustrated because most of the lights i'm looking at say (1x18650) but don't mention INR as a possibility.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
INR is safe with all lights that use 18650 batteries. 18650 is your battery size and where That particular battery isn't a button top it's just a shorter battery. What brand is it? Or even better how many mm is it.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some cheap but otherwise good LED flashlights which are designed for 3xAAA using round cell holder (which has contacts at both ends) can take 18650, possibly without the +ve bump. Many do not state this in their spec. You probably have to physically check specific light unless it's known to take it. Lights with spring at the head end (looking down the tube from the rear) plus a tailcap spring are likely ones which work.

I recently got a pair of metal 3xAAA 5W lights like this OTC for under $4 each.

You could use a sleeve to take up the extra space. For one cell it's not likely worth ordering. I used a piece of thin-wall PVC tubing. There are other cheap options.

Dave

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
New wrinkle but a small one. Most makers will let you know weather either/or protected/unprotected & button/flat top batteries are needed. Then we get to odd ball proprietary (Olight) batteries. Still a flat top 18650 will have a few hundred lights to pick from today
You can also buy a small magnet and a collar to keep it centered. Had to do that once when the special buy vendor screwed up and sent flat tops instead of button tops.