Newb: Source for Zebralight 600, batts, charger?

wepeterson47

Newly Enlightened
newbie quests:
What's the best source for the above?
Also, where would I get 2 batts and is there a rechargeable option on the batts and if so, is this recommended?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, wep

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
The best source for Zebralights is, in my opinion, direct from Zebralight.com. They offer good prices and amazingly fast, free shipping.

The H600 is specifically designed to run on rechargeable 18650 batteries. Most CPF'rs seem to favor AW brand 18650 batteries, available from a number of retailers, but my favorite is the 3100 mAh EagleTac brand, available from goinggear.com for $15 each.

Now for the tricky part: Recharging lithium ion batteries, such as the 18650, is potentially dangerous. I strongly recommend you do a bit of reading in the batteries subforum on this topic before you take the plunge. Having said that, most CPF'rs, myself included, strongly favor the Pila IBC charger.

And by the way, welcome to CPF!

wred

Newly Enlightened
If you're on a tight budget look into the Sysmax Intellicharge I4 V2. I bought one to charge NiMH AA batteries, but you can also charge 18650 (and RCR123, 14500, AAA) batteries with it. Don't know what others' experiences have been like using it to charge 18650 batteries though, so do some research first.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
goinggear.com

Sc 600
Batteries-EagleTac Protected 18650 2500 mAh, cheap.
Battery charger-NiteCore Intellicharge i2 Dual Bay Lithium Ion/NiMh/NiCd Battery Charger

Last edited:

H-Man

Enlightened
If you go with 18650, buy a multimeter with the ability to measure at least 3 amps DC, resistance, and voltage. You will want the amp measurements when troubleshooting stuff, resistance measurements the same, and the volt measurements you will need to check the voltage of the cells.

klane

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about the H600w too. I've just started running an 18650 (AW 3100mah) in my bored out 6P w/ nailbender drop-in, which I love, but I went for the same Intellicharge i4 wred recommended. I've only charged it once so far, but it was simple and seems to have worked without issue. I just kept an eye on the led status indicator and tried not to let it sit on the charger for long after it finished.

If you go with 18650, buy a multimeter with the ability to measure at least 3 amps DC, resistance, and voltage. You will want the amp measurements when troubleshooting stuff, resistance measurements the same, and the volt measurements you will need to check the voltage of the cells.

Any recommended multimeters?