Nitecore NU25 UL (2022)

D6859

Enlightened
I've been out of the forums for couple of years, but when saw this in Facebook I was wondering if anyone of you has been able to get their hands on it

1666191440029.png

I'd like to replace my 3AAA Petzl Zipka in my slingbag and this looks like a valid option; lightweight and small. Unfortunately it seems to be available only from China for me. Should I wait until it's available in Europe or look for other options (e.g. the original NU25)?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up two of them and think that Nitecore has done an excellent job with them. For me these are an improvement over the previous generation which was widely regarded by UL backpackers as the best available headlamp.

USB-C recharging. Long-runtimes. A more useful ultra-low setting at 5 vs. 1 lumens (ultra-low is their description). Levels are perfectly spaced out and are set at perfect outputs. Headband is comfortable.

I would get this over the original model. It's not such a compelling upgrade, however, over the newer Zipka's with the Core rechargeable battery.

D6859

Enlightened
I picked up two of them and think that Nitecore has done an excellent job with them. For me these are an improvement over the previous generation which was widely regarded by UL backpackers as the best available headlamp.

USB-C recharging. Long-runtimes. A more useful ultra-low setting at 5 vs. 1 lumens (ultra-low is their description). Levels are perfectly spaced out and are set at perfect outputs. Headband is comfortable.

I would get this over the original model. It's not such a compelling upgrade, however, over the newer Zipka's with the Core rechargeable battery.
Thank you :)> for the insight! I already hit the order button on it and am waiting for it to arrive.

USB-C recharging is one of the key features I prefer NU25 over Zipka with Core battery. I've already got Eneloops in it so it is in a way rechargeable, tho you need a NiMH charger. If they update the port to USB-C in Core, I might upgrade to it.

D6859

Enlightened
Just got the headlamp from the post office.

My first impressions:
- the mode switching UI is a bit messy since you have so many options. I think I'll keep it on spot+flood and use only the power switch
- I might be big-headed but I think the headband could be longer since most likely I'll be using headlamp during winter wearing a hat and it feels short already even without
- just blinded myself only by the reflection from my palm so I guess it's bright even on the lowest level
- compared to Tiara A1 v1 (my current EDC) it is small and lightweight, see attached picture

Attachments

• IMG_20221207_195003.jpg
    IMG_20221207_195003.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 156

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the headlamp from the post office.

My first impressions:
- the mode switching UI is a bit messy since you have so many options. I think I'll keep it on spot+flood and use only the power switch
- I might be big-headed but I think the headband could be longer since most likely I'll be using headlamp during winter wearing a hat and it feels short already even without
- just blinded myself only by the reflection from my palm so I guess it's bright even on the lowest level
- compared to Tiara A1 v1 (my current EDC) it is small and lightweight, see attached picture
The mode switching was a little strange to me at first… i really only use it in ultra-low or in the 60-lumen mixed beam setting so once I figured out how to reliably get these settings from off I was alright😎

I'm very happy with this one and think it's an improvement over the previous version (which was great).

D6859

Enlightened
I've been using the headlamp now during the Christmas at home and it has become my new favorite. In these snowy conditions 400 lm is more than enough to walk the dog. It seems to handle -5°C (23 F) with no problem :)

IMG_20221224_165914.jpg