Recommend a Hobby Charger for me ? Imax B6V2 Vs iCharger 106B+ Vs Turnigy Accucel 6

steakeatr

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I'm looking for recommendations for my first "serious", "programmable" charger. It will be an upgrade from my Nitecore D4. I wish to use it, mainly to test the capacities of all these Ni-Mh and LiPo (18650 mainly) cells that I have lying around. I would also like to see if I can use it to "jump start" or 'recondition" dead NiMh cells.

My mind has been set on the Imax B6V2 for a while now, even though I know there are counterfits floating about, I have no intention with risking it, and intend to buy it from a reputable dealer:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENU...550811?hash=item3380f0191b:g:uIQAAOSwcu5URK6A

Is the Genuine Imax B6V2 a decent charger? I've read a thread here though that has given me doubts ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?369071-Use-hobby-charger-for-capacity-test

What do you guys recommend? Is the ImaxB6 a decent "First" hobby charger?

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imax B6 is great, but I have the turnigy accucell 6. The reason was price, which was ridiculously low at the time. Would love an icharger some time. First hobby charger and still going strong

steakeatr

Newly Enlightened
Imax B6 is great, but I have the turnigy accucell 6. The reason was price, which was ridiculously low at the time. Would love an icharger some time. First hobby charger and still going strong

Thanks for your commendation Mr Floppy :D.

So do you guys think the SkyRC MC3000 is worth it? The pre-sale price seems pretty tempting ...

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your commendation Mr Floppy :D.

So do you guys think the SkyRC MC3000 is worth it? The pre-sale price seems pretty tempting ...

I'm looking at an authentic iMAX B6 v2 with the sticker on the bottom from HobbyKing. They're $35 and already have an internal PSU. The SkyRayToHeaven MC3,000,000 is looking like it could list at over $100, so it's substantially more.

If it works well, it should be a nifty charger, but the jury's still out on that one.

Chris

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking at an authentic iMAX B6 v2 with the sticker on the bottom from HobbyKing. They're $35 and already have an internal PSU.

I'd recommend spending a little more to get more functionality, e.g. $62 gets a rebadged iCharger 206 - the Turnigy Reaktor 300W 20A 6S. That is a great deal for such a hobby charger (you can get better deals if you buy used, e.g. there are great deals on eBay with a little patience).

For more on this Turnigy charger see this rcgroups thread (over 1000 posts).

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of problems?

So many problems that last week, or so, Budget Light Forums issued an official 'AVOID' warning on them. GB is working on it, but I'm not going to be the guinea pig on this one.

I'll go with HobbyKing for $35 and whatever discount USPS EMS shipping method they have, or buy my BT3400 v2.2 from somebody in States for a little bit more money.

And I've done two great deals with FastTech, so I'm not afraid of buying overseas.

Chris

If BLF issues a warning there are real problems - and on CPF we have been warned about over-enthusiastic advertising.

So many problems that last week, or so, Budget Light Forums issued an official 'AVOID' warning on them. GB is working on it, but I'm not going to be the guinea pig on this one.

I'll go with HobbyKing for $35 and whatever discount USPS EMS shipping method they have, or buy my BT3400 v2.2 from somebody in States for a little bit more money.

And I've done two great deals with FastTech, so I'm not afraid of buying overseas.

Chris