• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SF Z19 Lens Replacement kit

michaex

Enlightened
I sourced two Z32 heads with melted glass...
PM me if you'd have the kit - one Z32 is in decent shape and crosshair on top of that - would make a good pairing for a single cell light!

Thanks!

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
z32 lens kit
non-eBay link

I'm not really clear on the differences between the different z32. Like, I don't understand why there isn't a glass replacement for old plastic lenses for the classic z32, or if there is any difference in glass diameter and thickness in the different generations of z32 models. There are a number of "6P" lens kits available. What does that even mean? I really want a classic 9P, but even though I know I'll never melt the lens (because I want to run it on 2x AA and R30, if I can find it), I just don't want a plastic lens... ever. Of all the things Surefire did that I don't understand, the plastic lens is right at the very top.

Last edited:

michaex

Enlightened
In first Z32, lenses were Lexan, press fitted. Z19 is the replacement one. Unfortunately glass lens won't fit since there is no ring to hold it as with later versions of Z32.

Technology changes over time :)

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
In first Z32, lenses were Lexan, press fitted. Z19 is the replacement one. Unfortunately glass lens won't fit since there is no ring to hold it as with later versions of Z32.

I have heard this before, but I probably won't understand it until I see it first hand. You'd think a really good application for plastic (I don't really distinguish between Lexan and plastic), is someone inventing a plastic ring for a snug retrofit to hold a glass lens in place

Technology changes over time :)

I guess I should be grateful that Surefire was nimble enough to alter their production and design when the miracle of glass first appeared at the turn of the Millennium.

Latest posts