SINGLE CHIP IR DROP INS

hotshot2me

Newly Enlightened
Are there any of the above that will get out to 100-150 yards for use in a Solarforce L2P with an extension tube, i wish to use this on an Homebrew NV kit. I have a Watec 902H cctv camera and 4.3" LCD monitor that mounts to my Air Rifle and scope with portable 12 volt power pack, any suggestions please: Dave

sedstar

Newly Enlightened
hi poster...

im new here, but, I am in about the sme boat as you... i'm using IR security cams with sensitivity, thru a scope, and need a decent IR light... I too expect/want over a hundred yards for a reasonable price point...

best thread i found so far on the subject? Night time HOG HUNTERS on anther forum, talking about "how far" specific IR lights "work" with their Night vision goggles and weapon sights... heres the link of the discussion...

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=18&t=370539

cruising the internet, and looking (quickly) at electronics component datdsheets, my PRELIMINARY quick reseaarh i showing that osram/dragon line is MAYbe "best"...

EDITORS NOTE: notice when you read the hunters talking, SOMEone mentions that "all they use..." and "all they supply" (outfit paid hunters) with is a 2 or 3 D-cell MAGlite with a specific wavlength IR filter?? He claims seeing "pigs" (wild hogs) out to hundreds of yards...

I THINK i will try the filtered maglite approach first, see how it goes... and here's one of the "p60 drop ins" talked about in the same discussion thread...

http://www.illuminationgear.com/145071.html

====================================================================================

please UPDATE me with your progress finding a IR illuminator? I'm in the same boat as you... i think i'm gonna try a 4 or even 6 d-cell MAGlit with filter first, see how that goes... I am thinking if it works 100+ yards... I'm gonna mount the HEAD of the light on the gun (light weight, small package) and feed it from a much larger battery pack...

if i HAVE TO, i have a small SPOTLIGHT i will get IR filter for...

===================================================================================

hope this helps you decide...