Spyderco Warranty Question

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone ever have any experience with a Spyderco warranty? I have an older Stainless Rescue Knife that fell to the ground, got run over by a car, and the blade snapped off at the handle. I was just wondering if anyone has experience of if they would even replace the knife under warranty? I realize that this is an exceptional circumstance, and that the knife is no longer made. Any insight appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I already sent them an E-mail.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many years ago I did. Had a model which I don't recall the name, all stainless with the 'Spyder hole' and the lock on the back of the handle. The locking mechanism wore out and the slightest pressure on the blade would cause the lock to fail and the blade to close. Returned it to Spyderco as instructed and they informed me that the damage was due to use/wear and not a defect covered under warranty. They would not replace the knife and would not return it due to liability, they instead offered me any knife they made at cost. If I recall right they charged me $40 for a new Spyderco Police model (all stainless). I thought the way they handled it was fair but not fantastic. In your case I would expect less, unless their policy has changed.

darkangel55555

Newly Enlightened
They'll take care of you. By which I mean they'll have a current generation blade in your hands right quick, and at minimal cost. The new stuff is better, so unless you have sentimental attachment to your broken Rescue, consider giving them a call and sending it in.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Candlepowerforums mobile app

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
They would be really silly even looking at a claim under warranty as it was clearly your fault.I think you would be doing extremely well if they even offered you any sort of discount but none the less stranger things have happened and i wish you good luck.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Years ago, Spyderco's warranty work was amazing. Definitely return it to them and ask if you can get another new model. If you have your heart set on replacing that blade, you could ask. They are a good company, and will probably do something, if at all possible.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the responses. I would really like to get a Military Digi Camo as a replacement. :)

MGRS

Newly Enlightened
I had an Endura 4. The lock bar peened and eventually wore out after 8 years of hard use. It would close without unlocking.

I called spyderco to see what they would do. They quoted $20-30 to repair it. I now have a paramilitary. They are great knives, but the warranty is not great.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an Endura 4. The lock bar peened and eventually wore out after 8 years of hard use. It would close without unlocking.

I called spyderco to see what they would do. They quoted $20-30 to repair it. I now have a paramilitary. They are great knives, but the warranty is not great.

I'm thinking that's what happened to mine too. I've heard of this happening with Spyderco a few times, are their lock backs just not as robust as other makers like Buck...I wonder. I picked up a Para2 a few years ago to use for work but it didn't function well for me, gets basically no use now, however the locking mechanism is interesting. It looks a little on the 'light duty' side yet gets a lot of raves for being robust. Any issues with yours?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone ever have any experience with a Spyderco warranty? I have an older Stainless Rescue Knife that fell to the ground, got run over by a car, and the blade snapped off at the handle. I was just wondering if anyone has experience of if they would even replace the knife under warranty? I realize that this is an exceptional circumstance, and that the knife is no longer made. Any insight appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I already sent them an E-mail.

So, what happened? What did they say? Did they offer you a discount?

Just curious.