Surefire ARC2 Up Close and Personal, Info, PICS, custom made charger

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Yes your last picture is what the back of my HELLFIGHTER5 looks like and that is the same pin format as my Arc28C

awesome. do you have hellfighter5s manual by any chance? as for the arc2 manual, spare lamp assembly part# states HF5-ARC2-LAMP so we can compare if it uses the same bulb.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
awesome. do you have hellfighter5s manual by any chance? as for the arc2 manual, spare lamp assembly part# states HF5-ARC2-LAMP so we can compare if it uses the same bulb.

Yes I do however as I mentioned above, I am still out of the country at our winter hideout in HOT and Sunny Sri Lanka in the Indian Ocean..! :)

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
that's awesome! we just had our 4th nor-Easter yesterday here in ny :duh2:

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
WmwpAgT.jpg

partially dismantled the battery pack and it is now confirmed 8 x 18650's

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Just spoke with SUREFIRE
Technical Support Manager
and just confirmed that the spare bulb CAN be ordered (special order) but it will cost $780/ea.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just spoke with SUREFIRE
Technical Support Manager
and just confirmed that the spare bulb CAN be ordered (special order) but it will cost $780/ea.

I guess I nailed that price window when I said (guessed) $600 to $1000, smack dab in the middle of my range.
If the reflector is still good, maybe they can rebuild it, reinstall a new bulb into it and cut the cost in half.

Last edited:

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
I guess I nailed that price window when I said (guessed) $600 to $1000, smack dab in the middle of my range.
If the reflector is still good, maybe they can rebuild it, reinstall a new bulb into it and cut the cost in half.

OUCH! That is a ton of money for a what....35 Watt HID bulb? Even if it comes potted in a reflector.

Lol yea you nailed the price and they do come as a set with the potted reflector. ridiculous price to have a spare though:scowl:
Well I hope my original bulb doesn't go out, but it will at least be free replacement if it ever goes out.:faint:

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I purchased last summer from B&H in NYC my 2nd Arc28C as it was onside for 1900 as i paid over 2500 for my first one from Surefire..:)

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol yea you nailed the price and they do come as a set with the potted reflector. ridiculous price to have a spare though:scowl:
Well I hope my original bulb doesn't go out, but it will at least be free replacement if it ever goes out.:faint:

Free Replacement on a wear item ??

I answered your PM now.

Dan