Surefire Hellfighter 600 yard illumination

BVH

Flashaholic
If you are on a road at night, the best thing to do would be get one of those reflective vests/coats [depending on the weather] like the road crews wear. You can also get them in dog size. To guard against any idiots driving without headlights, you can get a couple of those flashing armbands to make sure you draw attention.

PS: I have seen rigid hats that have one of those flashing yellow lights like the vehicles on the tarmac at airports use, but I don't think my ego could stand being seen wearing one!]

The above can and does sometimes work against your intentions. There are frequent events where the attention-getting lights/reflectors actual draw drivers to you, especially drivers under the influence. They are attracted to the lights and typically "you go where you look". I knew some people that lost their lives in this scenario.

PolarLi

Enlightened
I have walked a lot on dark roads, and I find that cars usually see me the easiest when I wear a couple of snap on reflective band around my ankle and around my wrist. I used the hi-viz a lot before, but not anymore.
Feets and arms move when you walk, and a hi-viz usually only have reflective bands over the chest that doesn't move half as much, and with a lot of reflective road markers, it doesn't initially stand out as a moving object. Another thing is that the light from cars, especially low beams always hit your feet first, and your upper body last. A small flood headlamp with a few lumens are good too, but not really neccesary for being seen.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Would you guys be a little scared to get one off a well known sell site for a cost that seems WAY low? I am but a buddy of mine might pull the trigger. Trying to talk sense into him.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Would you guys be a little scared to get one off a well known sell site for a cost that seems WAY low? I am but a buddy of mine might pull the trigger. Trying to talk sense into him.

If it looks too good to be true.....