That Wacky Previa and How it Needs Relays

Kuryakin

Enlightened
Nyuk nyuk nyuk... Well, on two of my cars, they're wrong wheel drive in that gear! :whistle:

Sounds like someone's never heard of Reverse gear!
nana.gif

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
On this particular car, it's in correct wheel drive for any gear -- thanks to All-Trac.

Went out and did the measurements again, while on high beams, all blowers going, A/C on, about 950rpm (A/C idle up engaged).

This time I got .768V from the positive battery terminal to the bulb input, and while on high beam. From the negative terminal to the high beam output, I got .91V... This is a total of 1.678V. Reading on the SGII was 13.6V; at the battery it was 13.85V.

The total loss of 1.678V on the high beam is in line with my earlier measures, and surely 'noise' could account for the differences.

Relays, obviously, are needed.

Last edited:

Kuryakin

Enlightened
Hyundai is using a Toyota system?

Anyway, obviously, relays will help. Clearly big wiring alone ain't gittin' it! LOL

On this particular car, it's in correct wheel drive for any gear -- thanks to All-Trac.

Went out and did the measurements again, while on high beams, all blowers going, A/C on, about 950rpm (A/C idle up engaged).

This time I got .768V from the positive battery terminal to the bulb input, and while on high beam. From the negative terminal to the high beam output, I got .91V... This is a total of 1.678V. Reading on the SGII was 13.6V; at the battery it was 13.85V.

The total loss of 1.678V on the high beam is in line with my earlier measures, and surely 'noise' could account for the differences.

Relays, obviously, are needed.

Kuryakin

Enlightened
I did. If you're referring to all wheel drive, fine, but All Trac is a Toyota trademark, and Hyundai doesn't use that particular system. But yeah, AWD is the best way to go. Second best is RWD. No wrong wheel drive for me. EVER.

No, Toyota is using a Toyota system. Look carefully at the thread topic.