The FiveMega-NiteMods thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I recently acquired a little 1 cell body that mimics a SureFire 6P chopped in half, flats gone, machined at the tail and HA 3 coated.
He calls it the 18350 (known as 16340) body.

^^ note the double gasket

^^ for a little more, genuine SureFire parts added.

I see lots of other custom lights made by FiveMega as well as other innovations here at the site.

For those not familiar with his products he has a links at the bottom of his posts.

So let's see those FiveMegas!!!

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
Great way to make a 3P. I've always wanted to get one of those hosts. WonderLite used to sell them, now his son Nite does. Thanks for reminding us that these are still available. Now i have to go and hunt down my wallet..............again.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fivemega also made an extension (102mm) that you could attach to that 18350 body to turn the whole thing into a 2x18650 body, which was a great way to add to the versatility.
This is a great idea for a thread. I have a number of FM items.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have the 18500 body. Makes the p60 more comfortable to carry than in 6p. Surefire clicky with modoo clip. Right now using a Solarforce head so it is an odd collection of parts but with an AW IMR 18500 I can run most types of P60 drop ins.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found the nitemods site last night. Was wondering what happened to Wonderlite's sales thread. Looked all over CPF mall etc.
Here's my 18500 with a shorty zerorez cap to allow space for 18650s :)
Has a CQVN (2 dedomed neutral XPL & 2 domed 5000K XPG2) module and a (badly) sanded down solarforce head w flush stainless bezel.

jdboy

Enlightened
Fivemega also made an extension (102mm) that you could attach to that 18350 body to turn the whole thing into a 2x18650 body, which was a great way to add to the versatility.
This is a great idea for a thread. I have a number of FM items.

Like this one! FiveMega 3P body w/102mm extension.

2iw7ixl.jpg

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of my favorites.
Simple E series body with integrated McClicky and Valiant Head. This one has a Malkoff LLL drop-in inside and runs a long time on 2-123s

One of the cleanest looking Five Mega I have seen.

f18e37c1866803131811904a4c998f94.jpg
55645b0e5a4e9b60ab0cf233fa5fd82b.jpg
6832c79bd69015619bdc80a75644bed0.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Psychbeat- Sweet Opinel! They look so nice when they're used... My only current Fivemega builds are "12P's", dedicated 2x18650 bodies with stock 6P bezels and tailcaps. One for a P90 with great runtime, and one for an Oveready V5 Triple dropin.

jdboy

Enlightened
FiveMega E head/C tail body, this has some of the best knurling I've ever seen! Only wish it had an o-ring seal at the head. I don't know if it's actually needed or not though.

25642mp.jpg

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Psychbeat- Sweet Opinel! They look so nice when they're used... My only current Fivemega builds are "12P's", dedicated 2x18650 bodies with stock 6P bezels and tailcaps. One for a P90 with great runtime, and one for an Oveready V5 Triple dropin.

Thanks :) it's an OLD no.8 I scored for ~10$ shipped on eBay ~8 years ago. I did the mousepad sandpaper convex edge trick to it and it stays sharp :)

My NEXT Fivemega/nitemods build will be a 3P body with another cheap solarforce head sanded smooth and Ahorton p60/d26 aspheric kit.
Waffling on PDT-W dedomed XPL or XPG2.
And also not sure what tailcap to get.
Probably go with a round tail - I DO love my Ronac smooth tail but that stays on my C2.
Might do one of Dellsuperman's switches or one of Vinh's.

I'm FLAT BROKE til mid March so it's gonna be a while but I'll post some pics n build details when it happens.

Temping to cheap out n get a Solarforce L2m but the Fivemega/Nitemods are WAAAAYYYY nicer & I'd like to support member companies :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ not trying to talk for or against either....

^^ I have one of each.

The finish on the L2 is a flat charcoal color where the FM is a matte black.

The L2 is noticeably lighter in weight, which when grams matter is a bonus.
The FM is more weighty so when durability is a factor it's the winner.

Finish of the FM is hardened. The L2 is type 2.

I had to put a thin gap filler between the lens and reflector of the L2 to make it turn on/stay on reliably. Not the first SolarForce I've had to do that to.

In a David vs Goliath (me being David) I'd much prefer I had the FM and my opponent the L2. But it's a fun little flashlight. Both are.

Btw the FM has a Malkoff M31W now and SureFire at ends while the L2 has an emitter/reflector of a 2aa Rayovac Indestructible and SolarForce parts at both ends.

I was going for light as paper airplane as possible for the L2 and burely as the day is long for the FM.

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^nice - thanks for the comparison.
My old L2M wasn't matte like that but that was a couple of years ago.

Totally agree the FM/NM bodies are quite a step up. Great knurling and ano.

Latest posts