• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

"Two-Tone" Pacific

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not what you may think at first. I was polishing my brass Pacific from the bottom up and I noticed a nice transition from the polished area to the patina area. Difficult to photograph accurately.

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat effect!

How in the heck did you get such a deep patina? I carry my brass Pacific frequently, but it tends to polish itself somewhat in my hands and pocket.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nutsak: I live near the ocean and the light is usually used for "around the house" type chores so it rarely sees contact with abrasive fabrics. When it's not in my sweaty palms it's sitting there soaking up the ocean breezes.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
That makes sense... I was picturing it sitting in a leather sheath that had absorbed sweat.

Salt is salt. Being here in the Midwest, I don't think there's any way I could get mine to look like that under normal use. You have to love the character that brass develops.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
The patina has a "desert tan" look to it- I like it more each time I look at your pic.