Video: The Big Lie About Nuclear Waste

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so I know what you are thinking, Why didn't I post this in the interesting video thread? Well, there is a reason. That thread, if you read post one in it, is for videos that don't rate their own thread, that is, videos that there likely won't be discussion on. But I have a feeling that this video will be discussed, so that is why I'm posting it on its own. So, feel free to discuss. We can have a little cawfee tawk. :) :coffee:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Very good presentation which makes things clear even to a layperson who knows nothing about nuclear power. I knew there was a lot of energy still left in nuclear waste but I didn't know there was enough to run the country for over 100 years. I hope they start the ball rolling. We're sitting on a literal gold mine wasting money storing it instead of using it.

DRW

Enlightened
The CANDU (Canada/India) reactor can utilize used fuel from other reactors.

I believe it is illegal to transport irradiated nuclear fuel in the US. As a result, once used fuel is stored at nuclear sites in dry casks. Burying such a valuable asset in Yucca Mountain doesn't make sense.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CANDU (Canada/India) reactor can utilize used fuel from other reactors.

I believe it is illegal to transport irradiated nuclear fuel in the US. As a result, once used fuel is stored at nuclear sites in dry casks. Burying such a valuable asset in Yucca Mountain doesn't make sense.
Was going to post this. It's like one of datileds battery vampires.

So much wasted potential.