W200 heatsink question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firecop

Newly Enlightened
I posted this in the machining section, but would anyone be able to make this for me (for a fee, of course)

W200heatsink.jpg

PM/email me if you can/want to do this. Thanks!

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have not included the over all length nor the length of the bottom lip nor the material you want it machined out of.

What LED are you planning on using?

For the record I just used a cut down stock heatsink for my MC-E W200. Works fine. Although I now make up a custom sink much like SUBJohans

Firecop

Newly Enlightened
Arrgghh!! I knew I forgot something!

The tower should be 34.5 mm tall, and the lip should be 1.1mm wide. Aluminum would be perfect. I'm planning on using XR-E R2s, Cree UV and/or the Cutter triple XPE setup.

I wanted a thick tower to make good thermal contact with the metal head of the W200.

Pack, on your cut-down stock heatsink, how did you put a driver/board in the top? I saw Johan's thread (you two have got me going off on U/W lights, now), but I couldn't make out his cut-down process.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Firecop, you aren't allowed to start 2 threads about the same thing in 2 different forums (Rule 9). I'll close this one, and interested members can follow the discussion in your other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.