What's A Decent Over/On The Ears Bluetooth Headphones For Around $25-$30.00?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking about trying Bluetooth headphones with my iPad Mini. I'm an older guy with not so great hearing so I don't need anything audiophile sounding, just something that provides decent sound and I don't want to spend a lot of money.

I can't wear inside the ears headphones as they drive me crazy so it'll have to be a set of over/on the ears. I have a larger, (7 3/4"), head and would want something comfortable with a smaller profile and maybe even be fold-able which would be nice but not essential.

What would be your recommendations be? Thanks much!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'd also be interested on some recommendations. I've tried a little single earpiece bluetooth headset for phones, and it's fine for talk radio but not much for music. Inexpensive is good, too.

Geoff

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway on sale for about $ 35.00 and have been very satisfied. The quality is good and the sound is great. Finding them on sale will be the key to hitting your price range.

MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway Bluetooth Stereo Wireless + Wired Headphones with Microphone

Those look interesting. Checking around the web, prices are all over the place but they received lots of positive comments.

How's the range on yours? I know most bluetooth devices state about 30 feet. The reason I ask is I wanted a portable BT speaker awhile back. I purchased 2 different models and both only had a range of about 12-15 feet. I returned both of them. I finally ordered a Logitech X100 portable BT speaker and love it. In fact I can get almost 40 feet of range with it.

So anyway, decent range from the headphones is important to me. About the only negatives I noticed concerning the MEElectronics Runaways, (and there were very few), was a couple complaints of poor range.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those look interesting. Checking around the web, prices are all over the place but they received lots of positive comments.

How's the range on yours? I know most bluetooth devices state about 30 feet. The reason I ask is I wanted a portable BT speaker awhile back. I purchased 2 different models and both only had a range of about 12-15 feet. I returned both of them. I finally ordered a Logitech X100 portable BT speaker and love it. In fact I can get almost 40 feet of range with it.

So anyway, decent range from the headphones is important to me. About the only negatives I noticed concerning the MEElectronics Runaways, (and there were very few), was a couple complaints of poor range.

Gene

I haven't noticed a range issue with mine, I can pretty much walk around the house without any problems but have never really tested the range. In the morning I will test the range and let you know. I bought these mainly for music and not to use for calls. I needed something wireless so I searched around and came across the MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway on sale and after reading a bunch of reviews I decided to buy them. The sound quality is close to my Bose AE2 Around-Ear Audio Headphones. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene

I compared the distance capabilities this morning of the MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway with a Logitech UE Boom around the house and they both basically cut off at the same places. Neither did very well when trying to broadcast through a couple of walls but I really didn't expect them to. I am guess here but I would be surprised if there is much of a distance capabilities difference between your Logitech X100 and my Logitech UE Boom so if you are happy with your Logitech X100 distance wise then I would say you would be happy with the MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene

I compared the distance capabilities this morning of the MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway with a Logitech UE Boom around the house and they both basically cut off at the same places. Neither did very well when trying to broadcast through a couple of walls but I really didn't expect them to. I am guess here but I would be surprised if there is much of a distance capabilities difference between your Logitech X100 and my Logitech UE Boom so if you are happy with your Logitech X100 distance wise then I would say you would be happy with the MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway.

Man, thanks so much for doing that for me Lebkuecher! It sounds like the Runaways should do the trick. Even though it has one, I don't need a microphone as I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't own a cell phone! :) My wife does but I use my iPad Mini for everything

I found where I can get the Runaway for $36.00 so I may jump on it. If it works as well as my Logitech X100 and it should as like you say, your LT UE Boom should be comparable. Again, thanks so much for doing that for me my friend!

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I settled on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201153101742?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT I wanted the MEElectronics Air-Fi Runaways but these looked almost similar, had good ratings on Amazon and I couldn't resist the very inexpensive price.

I just ordered them today so I don't have them yet but I'll report back when I receive them.

Looks like a great value Gene. From the reviews I read and based on what you mentioned you were buying the headphones for I believe you found a good deal. I look forward to reading your thoughts after you have had a chance to use them.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received them today. Pairing them to my iPad was easy even for an old fool like me! Took awhile to charge even with a AC charger. Good news it's a smart charger and goes from red to blue when fully charged.

I'm impressed with the range! I kept my iPad in the living room and walked around into the next bedroom and there was no disconnects or weak signals even though I went around a large corner and through a thick wall!

I will admit, these are ON the ears headphones and not OVER the ears. After wearing them for awhile, my ears were a little getting sweaty. No big deal I guess because I have BIG ears! :)

I listened to some of my favorite cuts of music and these are not for the audiophile. They're fine for me but if you're looking for the finest music reproduction, look elsewhere. These are good enough for me as I wanted them initially for listening to talk radio and in that respect, they're more than adequate. Again, listening to music, these are good enough for me.! :)

I would rate these at $17.99 a real bargain!