• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WIP: Tungsten Flashlight

persco

Enlightened
I believe that if I were to make additional Tungsten flashlights, that I'd take advantage of its strength and make the walls as thin as practical, thus reducing weight as much as possbile. And, most likely in a twist version, as those are also the slimmest. I'm thinking some twisty AA-sized lights might be fairly practical.

Besides it's durability, Tungsten offers much better thermal conductivity than Ti does--something that I always worry about in a Ti light.

I still think a La Petite Killer in WC would be awesome. Such a little light but would still have a good heft to it.

OverLight

Newly Enlightened
I believe that if I were to make additional Tungsten flashlights, that I'd take advantage of its strength and make the walls as thin as practical, thus reducing weight as much as possbile. And, most likely in a twist version, as those are also the slimmest. I'm thinking some twisty AA-sized lights might be fairly practical.

Besides it's durability, Tungsten offers much better thermal conductivity than Ti does--something that I always worry about in a Ti light.

PhotonFanatic

What about the thermal conductivity of tungsten in comparison with aluminum ?