• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

(WTB) Lummi - Orrbott Copper Orb

Dobtruckers

Newly Enlightened
Lummi - Orrbott Copper Orb from someone in the USA. Assuming that anyone in the USA ever actually actually received one. I've seen the Etsy/FB/Website pages for Orrbott Design, but I've also seen the posts about the issues 6-8 years ago and have no way of being sure that ordering a new one from one of those sites would be a safe way to go. So I'm looking to do it this way and see if there is someone with referances in the US that I can buy one from for my copper collection. Anyone have onethat needs a new caretaker? I have plentyof references,

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 46

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Dennis,

I believe you are referring to the "Golden Orb" 18350 triple made of pure Ampcoloy alloy. For a copper fan this would indeed be a Grail. I saw it years ago asking $550 for it. It is currently listed as available for sale on the Orbott site for $841. Available with Nichia 219b SW45K.

I've desperately wanted a replacement for the original nickel silver Orb twisty from 20 years ago and tracked down the site but then read a slew of the "buyer beware" posts on CPF dated around a decade ago and just let it go.

The site is still up and offers limited stock so I find it possible that they might actually be delivering product now despite reprehensible practices in the past and a tarnished, not patina reputation.

I realize that taking money and not delivering as happened over a decade ago is the worst unforgivable sin and should rightfully be the toxic death of the perpetrator.

However, ive never seen a comparable exquisite design for a full on custom copper light. So the damn thing is lustworthy.

The site offers PayPal which offers buyer protection. You could be the test case to see if they have redeemed themselves. Buy a Golden Orb and wait and see.

If they ghost you and send nothing file a claim and you will be made whole and the world will know after 5 years and more that the worst of what was said back then is still true and we will all know to condemn them evermore.

OTOH, if they are in fact viable and worthy now you will receive an absolute jewel of a custom flashlight made of the highest grade copper available. Then post beautiful pictures here and spread the word that they are worthy of a second chance, if still tentatively.

Since you have considerable financial resources this might in fact be a unique opportunity since you will be refunded if they don't deliver.

May the Ampcoloy Force Be With You:

Last edited:

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Hearty congratulations Dennis!

So Rob Orbott actually followed through. I'm so happy you have it in hand after his terribly bad track record of undelivered goods in the past.

Judging by the photos it is an absolutely gorgeous sculpture of a light, more like a modern art piece. Add to that the knowledge that it is a true one of one in the entire world AND the only example of pure Ampcoloy alloy I have ever heard of. IIRC it's a 219B triple. Guessing it's an 18350.

You now have a uniquely exotic custom light that's on par with the likes of Dan Rudoy's unbelievable one-of-a-kinds collection.

I am genuinely happy for you it worked out as it did. I wish you much enjoyment with it.

1000002460.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

Dobtruckers

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Sir.

Actually, according to Ron, it has a 372-V2-R 372 SIX CREE XD16 4000K DEEP RED + MOTION SENSING light engine. Haven't played with it yet to get the serial number from it and verify that.

And yes, the deal went as smooth as silk. I asked for current pics and a video with a PC sreeen showing current events in the background, bought it on a Friday, he shipped it Monday morning and other than the normal customs dead time the shipping was smooth.

Latest posts