• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Malkoff MDC single AA body and VME head

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking to piece together a single mode MDC, so I'm on the hunt for a single AA body and a VME head. Not really concerned about the condition or if it's the old body style or new. Shoot me a pm if you've got any or all of these sitting around not getting much use. Thanks!

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea I've been checking Illumn, but the LLL been on backorder for a bit.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, sorry, I thought they were in stock. That's going to be a really nice light when you get it put together.
Yea....guess I'd have to get lucky and get a good deal on the parts cause to piece that light together new is out of my budget range. Just checked on the Malkoff site. Yikes. Might just be a single mode pipe dream.

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
Looking to piece together a single mode MDC, so I'm on the hunt for a single AA body, m31lll drop in, and a VME head. Not really concerned about the condition or if it's the old body style or new. Shoot me a pm if you've got any or all of these sitting around not getting much use. Thanks!

I have that exact set-up. Runs forever, and puts out a decent amount of light. The Nichia version of course- high CRI is mandatory for me. It's a little heavy due to the heavy brass heat-sink designed for higher voltage, but that's not an issue for me as I don't carry it.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have that exact set-up. Runs forever, and puts out a decent amount of light. The Nichia version of course- high CRI is mandatory for me. It's a little heavy due to the heavy brass heat-sink designed for higher voltage, but that's not an issue for me as I don't carry it.
Yea I built one up a while back using an M31W. Prefer longer runtime than that setup gave, but I did enjoy the heft of the light and the simplicity.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I've looked I'd actually prefer one of the older bodies. Not sure I love the look of the new style.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
One other option to consider: VME head and drop in on an Aleph 1.5x123 battery tube, plus a tailcap from RPM or Lumens Factory. The AA battery is just the right length for this body, and you can get a Delrin sleeve for the battery to keep it centered. Sandwich Shoppe has lots of these Aleph tubes in stock. (I checked.) I have this setup with an Aleph 19 head instead of the VME, but it's a single mode light run off an AA battery. With VME head and RPM tail, it measures 4.5 inches, and this is what it looks like:

IMG_0618.jpg

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
One other option to consider: VME head and drop in on an Aleph 1.5x123 battery tube, plus a tailcap from RPM or Lumens Factory. The AA battery is just the right length for this body, and you can get a Delrin jacket for the battery to keep it centered. Sandwich Shoppe has lots of these Aleph tubes in stock. (I checked.) I have this setup with an Aleph 19 head instead of the VME, but it's a single mode light run off an AA battery. With VME head and RPM tail, it measures 4.5 inches, and this is what it looks like:

View attachment 33893
That's a cool option! Thanks for the info! Also, due to the kindness of thermal guy, I have an M31LLL secured. Thanks so much thermal!

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a cool option! Thanks for the info! Also, due to the kindness of thermal guy, I have an M31LLL secured. Thanks so much thermal!
I have a like new AA MDC and VME head with lens, gasket, and o rings I'll be willing to sell for $75 including shipping if you're interested.

It's the newer style body