x990 weighted only 6 lbs

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my x990 today and I don't want to how bright it is as you guys knew it already. However, I was surprised that it is smaller and way lighter than I thought. I heard in the forum that the light weight 14 lbs. In fact, this might be the shipping weight including the toolbox, spare battery, charger and packaging materials.

Its shape with its light weight and well-balanced belt make it a LOT EASIER to carry and maneuver than regular spot light. Your hand might get lump after 10 minutes on spot light. It would be very OK carrying the light for search and rescue work for long hour.

Price of a spare battery for Maxabeam cost $305 while x990 with spare battery and complete kit cost $499.

I was told that their soon-to-be available 6000K lamp will be compatible with this light. I also heard that they're developing 8000/9000K lamp
grin.gif

Alan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My order for May went to Arizona but was told that one of the light isn't in stock and needs to wait for a month. I switched May/June quota
grin.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Alan

fracman

Newly Enlightened
14 pounds is the total weight of the box, light, 2 batteries and recharger

D

**DONOTDELETE**

just got this email, in case any one didn't:

"...X990 is introductory priced at
BrightGuy for $440. This special pricing is good through
June 14, 2002. After June 14th, the price will go up to
the BrightGuy price of $470.
.. 888.881.1908 between 9am and
5pm ET. http://www.brightguy.com/detail.tpl?&sku=MCCX990
..." ;> )

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan, how did you get your X990 in Hong Kong? I wouldn't mind getting one, but don't know who can ship one over here.

Graham

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered an X990 from Greg at BrightGuy, and its on its way.

I`m a big fan of the Surefire M6, but from all of the excellent posts about the X990 that I`ve been reading, it looks like the X990 is in a league all of its own.

I can hardly wait to try it out, and I`ll let you know my thoughts once I do.

smile.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Alan, how did you get your X990 in Hong Kong? I wouldn't mind getting one, but don't know who can ship one over here.

Graham
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got it directly from Mcculloch Hong Kong in quantity through my work in a very special price. We are not supposed to ship it beyond Hong Kong or China. If you or any friends of yours happen to be in Hong Kong, I could get you one
grin.gif

Alan

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Alan. Hmm, maybe its time I headed back down to HK for a holiday - haven't been for a while.
tongue.gif

Graham

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Thanks Alan. Hmm, maybe its time I headed back down to HK for a holiday - haven't been for a while.
tongue.gif

Graham
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make sure to carry along an empty luggage case for batteries - $1.28 for Panasonic 123A; $6.40 for 4 packs of Sanyo rechargeables NiMH AA 1700ma or AAA 700ma. Want to see full range of Sure Fire products, you name it. When you got to Ap Chiu Street, you will feel like a kid at Disney
grin.gif

Alan