Funny party/flashlight story

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at a party this weekend. I didn't know anyone there, literally. I was invited2nd hand through some friends. So here I am just standing around trying to fit in [I don't do too well at parties] and decide ok I need a drink. Now this place is crazy. People are raging all around. I go to the refreshment table to geta coke and what do I spy? A 4AA latern light. It is the size of one of those 6 volts but runs on 4AAs. I know bwcause I have one! It was a freebie that came with the purchase of a B/W tv. I stood there a minute staring at it...then smiled. I didn't feel too out of place after that. Then next to the DJ's stage, some guy was looking through a wooden case for who knows what. He is using a really cheap m*nim*g type lite with a pathetic beam/output. I smirked. I was almost tempted to give him the photon 2 on my keyring but didn't, let him learn himself. Besides I got the impression he may have taen it the wrong way, just a feeling. I left about an hour or two later after meeting a couple of folks. All I could think was "Aha, another social incident to tell the CPF crew about. I would say I need a life, but I like flashlights too much to believe it.
smile.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh boy... I know how you feel... but leaving ppl to find out they need better flashlights?
twak.gif

You should introduce them to better flashlights. Get them hooked, addicted, begging on their knees for better lights/more lights.
grin.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at a party once, and I saw the DJ looking for records with a lighter, I had a ARC on my keychain, Ultra on my neck, and E1e+Kl1 in my pocket. My GF has a ARC TQ AAA, and E2e in her possesion. I was going to help him out, then I thought, If I lend it to him I will probably forget about it and then Im out 20 bucks ( Ultra ). He did fine with his BIC!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be a DJ,
To assist in CD illumination, I used black lights. It added to the "cool" effect and I could find the CDs. My mixer also had a 12V powered mount on it for a light on a stalk. That helped also.
Imagine a lighting setup that used 20 LS 5W beasts (in different colors) running through pencil beam optics? Those 500w custom bulbs were expen$ive!