E2E Vs A2

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
alright, it's about time for this one. with the runtime graphs that have been posted it looks like the A2 has a higher output and maintains that output over the E2. sure, you get less runtime but look at the regulation and how much the E2 drops off just after the A2 does.

for the short time i had my A2 i noticed it had the plastic "widget" installed to stop the o-ring squish out problem. i looked inside and noticed no "tooling" marks either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif just a gold shine i beleive to be chemkote.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I understand how popular the E2e is. However I'm never motivated enough to get one. I really want something original. The A2 IS one great light and it's now my EDC. I too think the price is a bit high but I just had to get one. And I love its beam pattern which has a wider corona. I can hardly tell the difference between it's main beam and the p60's in terms of brightness, besides it's whiter. Cool light, I love it.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm leaning towards the A2 myself, as long as it carries in the pocket well.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's carry's superbly well in the pocket. It is very well balanced for clipping inside your pocket.

A young lady at the pub I was in last night pulled my A2 out of my pocket - I guess she saw the reflector and wondered what the hell it was.

You can take my money, you can even take my freedom, but to take my SureFire is going too far.

I gave her the kind of look that said "I am over a foot taller than you and double your weight; and don't you dare think for one second that I won't hurt you or your friend in order to get my SureFire back."

Well either that or she saw I was about to burst into tears for having my A2 taken from me...

I got my SureFire back very quickly and nobody got hurt.

Al

SUREFARC

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
It's carry's superbly well in the pocket. It is very well balanced for clipping inside your pocket.

A young lady at the pub I was in last night pulled my A2 out of my pocket - I guess she saw the reflector and wondered what the hell it was.

You can take my money, you can even take my freedom, but to take my SureFire is going too far.

I gave her the kind of look that said "I am over a foot taller than you and double your weight; and don't you dare think for one second that I won't hurt you or your friend in order to get my SureFire back."

Well either that or she saw I was about to burst into tears for having my A2 taken from me...

I got my SureFire back very quickly and nobody got hurt.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, I carry mine in a cordura pouch.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Al said....

The A2 is a "Sure-fire" way to get the ladies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Can i get any cheazier?)

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dunno, my E2O fits in the back pocket of my jeans without sticking out at all, and I don't feel it when I sit down, looks like the A2 would stick out too much. Anyone do the Levi's back pocket test yet?

Steve

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i think the perfect way to edc a light would be a little pouch that fits underneath you underwear, right between your butt-cheeks, that way, when you sit down, you wouldn't feel it right?

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:

A young lady at the pub I was in last night pulled my A2 out of my pocket...

[/ QUOTE ]

Heyyyy, is that an A2 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sorry, the opportunity presented itself...

Size15's

Flashaholic
This pub made me and my mates feel old. How 16-18 year old girls get away with what they get away with must have their fathers sick with worry.

Tonight I used my A2 for 20 minutes searching for some car keys lost somewhere near my house. We think they may be in a bag of sawdust so that's a job for Sunday afternoon.
The A2 got hot - it was the longest constant-on runtime I've ever actually needed to use the A2 for. Regulated output is beautiful!

Al

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2E is comfortable to carry in a pocket, but the belt clip isn't very long. I wish it was longer because then it would hold on better and the chances of dropping a precious e2e (oh no! {probably nothing would happen anyways]), would decrease.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
al, you sure spend alot of time in the pub! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Illuminatingbikr said:
The E2E is comfortable to carry in a pocket, but the belt clip isn't very long. I wish it was longer because then it would hold on better and the chances of dropping a precious e2e (oh no! {probably nothing would happen anyways]), would decrease.

[/ QUOTE ]

call sf and order a C2/M2 clip, it will fit the A2 and is longer. i prefer this setup myself, my E2E was set up that way. much better than the short stiff clip.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E2O came with the long clip, one of the reasons I got it instead of an E2E, of course then I bought an MN03, so I guess it evens out either way, buy a clip or buy a lamp. Funny thing is, I keep it in my back pocket and never use the clip.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Long and weak or short and stiff? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Toyz for the Boyz and all that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Not as much as I used to tkl... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

I prefer the shorter PocketClip. It's more secure for my carry. I lost an E2 due to it's weak clip.

Al

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
"THe E2e goes yellow during the A2's regulated runtime."

Hold the Phone!

Brock posted this a while back:

a2vse2.gif

Looks to me that although the E2 may go a little yellow while the A2 is still putting out higher output, on average the E2 is pretty steady over the A2's battery lifespan, never dipping at the end of the A2's graph more than it did in the middle.

Now on the other side of the coin, I went to a gunshow and saw and handled an A2 and it is a very sweet little light. Just a little larger than the E2e, handles well and works very nicely, but (you knew there was a "but" coming) way too expensive for what it does, especially in light of the output graph, above. My 2¢, that's all.

I also was finally able to handle a C2, M2, M3, and G2z. All nice lights. I played with an M6 as well. Very bright and lightweight! However the tailcap immediately tried to crossthread when I removed it and tried to replace it - something seems "just not right" about that considering how great the engineering is supposed to be... Just my observation.

Size15's

Flashaholic
That graph does not show how white the light is, just the concentration of light at one specific point and how it varies over time.

In my experience, 60 minute runtime lamps start to yellow after about 20 minutes - they loose their edge. I am a white light junkie and use my SureFires based on the fact I only want white light out of them.

Al