A testament to Surfire Lights

Ryan W

Newly Enlightened
Just thought I would tell you what happened to my Surefire E2E-HA tonight as a testament to Surefires awesome abilities! It started off when I decided to see how far I could throw the beam from my bedroom window, now my bedroom is on the second floor and has a concrete driveway right beneath it. Well after I finished testing its beam throwing abilities (which by the way were absolutely outstanding!!!) I just set it on the window pane of the open window (stupid I know but…) well when I returned later to retrieve it I accidentally knocked it off! That's right from a second story window straight down to cold hard concrete! So I run downstairs and pick it up OUT OF WATER none the less. So now I'm thinking surely the glass (or pyrex of whatever it is) is broken, or possibly the bulb is blown! But to my amazement it was not, so I decide to go ahead and press the tail cap, and sure enough it lit up my whole back yard!!! I find this simply amazing, dropped from a second story window into a puddle of water on concrete and it walks away with just a ding in the bezel! I will definitely have NO reservations about buying Surefire again! I think Surfire deserves major congratulations on creating such a awesome light! Thanks for reading.

Ryan W

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The puddle of water must have broken the fall.

(just kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Mine has survived a few drops onto ceramic tile without problems.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
welcome to cpf!

great story, i've heard of similar things also, but aren't quite willing to test them for myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Ryan W,

I had a similar experience during Christmas time. Me an my dad were hanging Christmas lights on our second story roof. Me being afraid of hieghts, i only had the use of one hand - one was holding for support while the other was free to work. I just got home from school, so i was wearing the wrong attire for the job too.

Anyway, i managed to stuff most of the tools needed into my pockets. When my dad asked me for a hammer, i grabbed it from my pants pocket and the rubber handle must have caught the E2, pulling it from my pants too. It rolled down the roof and onto the hard concrete driveway BEZEL first.

My brother immediately heard it SMACK on the concrete and picked it up. He laughed at me for dropping it, but stopped laughing when he turned it on and saw that it still worked. The glass was still in tact and the bezel suffered a small ding, deforming it's circular shape a bit. I was too concerned for cosmetics because it is a workhorse of a light. And besides...it looks like this:

fcc93cc8.jpg

fcc93cec.jpg

Can you tell, on the second picture, where the dent is on the bezel? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can't wait 'till the A2 becomes widely available.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is nothing as frustrating as damaging a light (or any instrument) because of clumsiness or absent mindedness. And nothing more pleasurable than to see that apart from cosmetic damage the light works like a charm.

Like many others I can also vouch for Surefire ruggedness. My E2o fell out of my pocket bezel first onto asphalt; it suffered a minor blemish at the edge of the bezel but no other damage. True this is not a second story story but it is still good to know that I own a quality instrument that withstands abuse (and absent minded clumsiness).

Cheers.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto here...my C2 dropped from about waist height and landed sideways on the tiled floor. it might be heavier than an E2e/E2 but all it suffered was a dent on the bezel similar to ledagent's E2, and a scrape on the edge of the tailcap but it still works fine and the lamp did not blow. i can't remember the number of times i dropped my bag front first on the floor, with the C2 protected only by a layer of cloth and it still works as good as new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Oh! that poor light!! it sure looks like you give it hell everyday, mine looks brand new no scratches or noticeable dings, just the clip has lost its anodize in one of the side edges, and have had it more than a year and use it everyday.

I wonder if we could do a contest to see who has the most banged up WORKING surefire pic. It would be cool!

I´ll post this in another thread so to not highjack this one.

Alex