E2e in action!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are having an ice storm here in Grand Rapids tonight. I was taking the family out to dinner tonight and just about blew through an intersection when I realized the traffic light was out. I made a rather quick stop and then went through the intersection. So now I was ready for the next one which was a much larger intersection, I came to a stop and looked both ways when I heard a load crash right in front of us. I looked just in time to see a mini van bounce off the front of a Neon. I pulled over and in front of the Neon with my flashers on to block the on coming traffic. I then got out to see if everyone was ok, the lady driving the Neon was very shaken but seemed ok and there was already a person there helping her. So I grabbed my cell to call 911 when I realized the lady standing next to me was a police officer in full uniform which seemed really weird as I looked around and could not see any flashers or police cars. She then told me she had just been hit by a truck in this intersection. I then saw two police cars parked in the lot across the street. The two officers where now helping the victims and there was a man dressed in full black trying to direct traffic which was not going well. This is where the E2e comes in, I ran out to him and gave him the light which he was very glad to see. He had a much easier time with the light in his hand as the area was pitch black with all the power in the being out. Soon after many more officers were on the scene and took over so the little E2 saved the day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif After eating and returning through the same intersection I was in shock to see that the light was still out and there was know officer directing traffic!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
:jealous:

things like that never happen to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

great story though!!!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I do have to add on the down side our sub division has all of its power lines buried so my home power never goes out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel for you jtivat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Don't fret. I live in a huge apartment complex. With underground powerlines. Yet I've lost power twice do to lightning strikes. But this is the lightning capital of the world.