Why are you carrying so many flashlights?

JOshooter

Enlightened
Today I had an appointment with a doctor. While I was waiting I was fairly bored so I bring out my McLux and temporarily blind my brother. He proceeds to tell our mom and I try to pass it off as an Arc AAA.

My mother tells me to show it to her so I bring out my Arc AAA and blind my brother again. My brother says that the beam source was bigger than that of an Arc AAA so I bring out my Eternalight.

I turn it on and blind him a third time. He knows that that was not what blinded him the first time so I put that away and once again bring out my McLux.

I turn it on blinding him a fourth and final time. Meanwhile my mother is looking at me with that look we all know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif and asks that question we all dread, "Why are you carrying all those flashlights?" I respond with "I'm a bored flashaholic."

Lesson to be learned: when out and about with peers bring multiple torches to blind them multiple times.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would your father think... No, really, what does he think.
"no son, your Mother is right, you shouldn't do that..." with a wink on the side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Jason

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't play with McLux's, you can burn an eye out!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
ONLY THREE !!!!

Why were you only carrying three lights? Please tell me that there were more lights in the car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MicroE said:
ONLY THREE !!!!

Why were you only carrying three lights? Please tell me that there were more lights in the car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that could've been the limit set by the doctor due to a prior 'blind the doctor incident'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have started EDCing four lights to school: an LSH-P with TSP-2AA, Arc AAA, Surefire E2e and MM with white Inretech 2AA on lithiums. I haven't had a chance to really use them yet, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Today we had a thunderstorm and while I was sitting in class I was hoping that the power would go out so that I could have a chance to use my flashlights!

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
oh well torchaholism has hit the school population now! Now we're going to see 100's of kids hauling hoardes of torches to school ... even though it never gets dark at school! (well I suppose you never know when you're going to get a power outage, eh!)

JOshooter

Enlightened
You have not been to my school lately. Early on this past school year the power was lost. I had gym second hour and the power was not back. I had no torch. From that day forward I vowed that I would always have at least 1 torch with me. Then I was given an Arc AAA which works out nicely. The same happened toward the end of the year and I was prepared! Now I have started carrying my Arc AAA, a grey kit Arc LS, my Eternalight and my McLux. That day at the hospital I was in a hurry and couldn't grab my normal EDC.

BTW there was a Rebel in the car. Didn't think of hitting my brother with that though.

Banshee

Enlightened
I'm sure I'll have to respond to similiar questions when I unpack Saturday on Emerald Isle, NC. In my suitcase I have 2 LGI's, NexNeedle, SpaceNeedleII, AngleLux. McLux, and a converted Brinkmann with a dat2zip board.

I can only imagine the looks when I unpack and bring out not one..not two but 7 lights and a box of Surefire 123's!
I'll either be "voted off the island" as some flashlight crackpot or voted most valuable player if the power goes out..!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
I'd be hoping for the second senario to come true.

BTW I'll be watchin'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Drjones

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chumley said:
Somebody on this forum was selling clues for a quarter if I remember correctly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I was me!

Well...ok, no it wasn't....

But I'll sell him one for the low, low price of FIVE EASY PAYMENTS of only $19.95!!!

Only one at this price, folks, so call, email or PM me NOW!!!

Drjones

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:
Today we had a thunderstorm and while I was sitting in class I was hoping that the power would go out so that I could have a chance to use my flashlights!

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I've done the exact same thing...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Drjones said:
I was me!

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry, i'm sure that you were, still are, and always will be you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CNC Dan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:

[/ QUOTE ]

At work when we have a good storm, I have to resist the temptation to pull the main power feed to the building.

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drjones said:
I was me!

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry, i'm sure that you were, still are, and always will be you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If Jones says he's me, and you say he's you, then who am I and who are you?

David <><