M6 Arc ls and the outage that shut the mockers up!

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
At work as with everywhere I am I get mocked for packing so many lights every day.

" Why do you need lights during the day? You are so foolish."

or

"HEY TREVOR! ARE YOU PREPARED? YOU KNOW THE SUN IS SUPOSED TO BLOW UP TODAY AND YOU ARE GONNA NEED ALL YOUR LIGHTS !!!" (hahahahahahahaha)

I get no respect. neither do the lights i carry.

Well today i was tired and went to work with only my gen 1 arc ls and my m6 with lola. That was a mistake as I longed for my kl3 and kl2 and did not have them. Anyway about 5:30pm I was on cart duty and noticed the lights everywhere flicker. Later at nightfall I was baging and the power went out for good. Like a good cpfer I hade the Arc out in 3 seconds flat. I finished the order by arclight and then because the auxilery makes things darker not brighter i went around the store with the m6 and arc helping were i could with a smile that couldn't be suppressed. The only problem was I vaporized many innocent shoppers caught in the deadly beam of the M6.
Later, when we had emtied the store I helped with closeing duties by lighting up the area for them. one set of AAs was killed by the ls and i had to by some liths (ouch but it was worth it).
then since my lights let us work faster we had time to munch on the fried chicken in the heating trays that would be pitched
grin.gif
tongue.gif

10minutes before we were going to be sent home because of the outage the power returned the managers (who wanted to go home) cussed up a storm and it was back to the grindstone
frown.gif

A outage is what i needed- Ill post in the cafe about the stray cat i became attached to that was hit, I still feel kinda rough.

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
Great story, it sounds like a good thing you where prepared. I think the store should have picked up the tab on the batteries. They where used for work and you may have saved them a slip and fall suit.
Patrick Hayes
Charlotte NC

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next they will be saying why do you even bother carrying it everyday for a power outage that doesn't happen everyday....

Still burning Lithiums with the M6 sure hurts the pocket like a laser...

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story Trevor! It's always a dream for a CPFer to be, acutally usefull with his or her lights. I mean....we do spend a lot of money on them. It'd be a shame if we never got to use them! I know for me, a majority of my lights only get used once or twice a year for some real-world use, like yearly camping trips...or situations like yours.

Anyway, great story. And i'm sorry to hear what happened to your cat friend. I've never had a pet i was really close to. But i do long for a pet-comapanion like that, and if i were to ever find one, i'm sure it would be hard to lose a friend like that. Best of wishes and prayers to you.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story, that will teach you to leave some of your lights at home though.

I work at UPS and we've had power outages in the hub twice in the last three years. Unfortunately back then all I carried was a Mag Solitaire on my keychain, but both times, a manager commandeered the Solitaire and one time they even used it to scan and load packages into the trucks. I'm a little more prepared now, in addition to the Solitaire, I've got a Brinkmann Legend LX and Streamlight Pro Polymer 3N LED in my coat just waiting to be used.

-Keith