Do people with cheap flashlights irritate you?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, the setting was Xmas eve, on the 60 freeway in California, my two friends and I wre driving along when a car changed lanes into the us, and we went spinning towards the center divider, after we stopped, the back end of the hatchback was perpendicular to the center divider and the front end was still in the fast lane, the first group of cars avoided us with out problems, but after that, cars and trucks started to come at full speed! My friend, who isn't a flashaholic had a 1.99 Duracell flashlight they sell for kids during halloween. As a result, another car hit the bumper of my friends already damaged car. From then on, I knew I had to enlighten these guys of this site, and have since ordered 5 Scorpions as xmas presents. Now, all I have to do is convince them to get batteries that cost more than their original flashlights....

p.s. When the tow truck driver arrived he too was suffering from WFS ( weak flashlight syndrome ) I believed he had a 4D maglight with batteries so weak, it compared to a Maglite solitare...IF I ONLY HAD MY ULTRASTINGER!!!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
You were in a serious accident and all you could think about at the time was pulling out the right flashlight??? HAHA...sheesh talk about being a flashaholic. At least you were all safe and in good condition after.

....I hate it when i pull out my Mag AA and the guys with the cheap 1.99 D cell plastic disposable flashlights out-shine me. That's the last mag i'm getting.

Be safe...Merry Christmas...Happy New Year.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
..or if only there were an Alien Skin http://www.starscapes.com/alienskin/
paint option!...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
uh oh, I may have to take back the Alien Skin recommendation; I'm having a problem with the Alien Skin folks, here's my email, and their response to my complaint:
"...Hey Aliens,
I phoned you about this last night but your number didn't ring through..
I just received my Alien Skins, and was disappointed to find the ink from the info sheet had rubbed off on one of each skin in each of two boxes I bought. I could not remove the splotches of ink and print with rubbing alcohol.
How about sending me a couple of new clean skins?
Thanks,
Ted
-----------------------------------------------
From: Starscapes International / Voyager Industries <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:23:32 -0700
To: Theodore Williams <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: My Alien Skin? has tattoos!
"...Sorry, about the slight bit of ink transfer onto the Alien Skin?. We've
learned that mistake! And it won't happen in the next run. We are not
replacing any of the orders as there is nothing to replace them with, and
it isn't really a strategic problem as as it doesn't hinder the performance
of the product.
Thank you for your purchase and we look forward to meeting your needs
again. Best wishes for the new year.
Sincerely,
-staff-
Joseph Linn Petrashek, General Manager
Voyager Industries
[email protected]
customer service 1-480-615-7646
-----------------------------------------------
I just wrote back telling them it wasn't "just a little ink transfer" that, rather, my Alien Skin looked like it had crap smeared all over it, and that they should do something about it, that their irresponsible attitude stank, and that I'd return it, among other things.. I'll keep you posted..if they respond..
--T. T. L.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted,
this sounds like an opportunity for a little light-community action. A mass e-mail campaign.
Keep us informed on their delicate response - if any.

Are we not men ? WE are *switched on* !!

lightlover
frown.gif
mad.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif

Oh yes:
People with rubbish flashlights sadden me
shocked.gif

People who can't appreciate good flashlights annoy me
frown.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
Originally posted by Ted the Led:
uh oh,
I just received my Alien Skins, and was disappointed to find the ink from the info sheet had rubbed off on one of each skin in each of two boxes I bought. I could not remove the splotches of ink and print with rubbing alcohol.
Subject: My Alien Skin? has tattoos!
"...Sorry, about the slight bit of ink transfer onto the Alien Skin?. We've
learned that mistake! And it won't happen in the next run.
I just wrote back telling them it wasn't "just a little ink transfer" that, rather, my Alien Skin looked like it had crap smeared all over it, and that they should do something about it, that their irresponsible attitude stank, and that I'd return it, among other things.. I'll keep you posted..if they respond..
--T. T. L.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ted, there are 2 things you can try on your end B/4 returning those $20.(!) sheets:
1. get some 90% Isopropyl from Savon/Osco.
2. Formula PRO 409
Let a generous little puddle soak into the stain for 30sec. or so and then try to wipe away w/paper towel.

Btw-do they realize @ Starscapes that we've given them pretty good recommends. in the past??

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was showing my ARC-LE to a young co-worker and when I told her the price she said "your nuts". Than she asked "Does it come with a battery?". No, I answered. I got the look. Than she went on about her younger sister going to a camp and when she twisted off the cap to insert batteries that the cap would not go back on. On examination, the threaded portion of the barrel came off with the head. My turn. I gave HER the look and said "you get what you pay for". Oh well, she's young. Maybe wisdom will come.
TTL. Thanks for the tip. I was getting ready to order some but now I'll wait.
mad.gif

Gman

Enlightened
Is that Alien Skin the same kinda stuff as
Extreme Glow? If so which s better? Anybody test one against the other?

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V8TOYOTATRK:

My friend, who isn't a flashaholic had a 1.99 Duracell flashlight they sell for kids during halloween. As a result, another car hit the bumper of my friends already damaged car. From then on, I knew I had to enlighten these guys of this site, and have since ordered 5 Scorpions as xmas presents.
...IF I ONLY HAD MY ULTRASTINGER!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But YOU are a Flashaholic and should have at least had your Eternalight and Scorpion on you!
blush.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I confess to doing something terrible today.
I left the house without my Trek 6000 attached to my wheelchair. Boy that thing sure looks funny without the Trek on it. :O

I did however, have an E2, a turquoise Photon II, a UV Photon I, three other UV lights, a LedTronics MiniFlashLED, an Arc AAA, two tritium glowrings, and the proto Arc-LS on me at the time, so all was not lost.
grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gman:
Is that Alien Skin the same kinda stuff as
Extreme Glow? If so which s better? Anybody test one against the other?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've used both, and the Skin is better, but is $20. for 2-5"x7" pieces:O -glows like green fire, though -especially after exposure to white LEDs
shocked.gif

telephony-U R A tru litejunkie, and will get your next "fix" tomorrow when the Cannon comes
tongue.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vcal:
Agent-next time, don't pull out a AA Mag,-pull out a $20. Legend LX.
tongue.gif
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey vcal..i would - if i could FIND a damn Legend LX! Seriously, i'm starting to believe the Legend is starting to be exactly that....an URBAN Legend

But in regards to the new question that just started...where can i find this glow stuff? I first came across this cool glow tape stuff during a play. They stuck this glow in the dark tape stuff on the edge of each row so to mark the walkways. This stuff was BRIGHT for a long period of time...almost bright enoegh to ditract me from the play. So i took it off and stuffed it in my pocket
tongue.gif
grin.gif
hehe...

But anyway...i've tried Home Depot and i don't think they carry it. Any other ideas where i might find this stuff locally? Or do i have to look online?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I got a Legend LX-open, less than 3 min on batts.$20+shipping

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vcal:

telephony-U R A tru litejunkie, and will get your next "fix" tomorrow when the Cannon comes
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it won't be here until next Wednesday. It shipped yesterday via UPS 3-day, but because of the timing of New Year's, UPS has deemed Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to all be "non transit" UPS holidays. Only their most expensive overnight service would have gotten it here in time.
mad.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
You were in a serious accident and all you could think about at the time was pulling out the right flashlight??? HAHA...sheesh talk about being a flashaholic. At least you were all safe and in good condition after.

....I hate it when i pull out my Mag AA and the guys with the cheap 1.99 D cell plastic disposable flashlights out-shine me. That's the last mag i'm getting.

Be safe...Merry Christmas...Happy New Year.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agent-next time, don't pull out a AA Mag,-pull out a $20. Legend LX.
tongue.gif
grin.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidH:
But YOU are a Flashaholic and should have at least had your Eternalight and Scorpion on you!
blush.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, I know...shame on me...
( in my defense, I have ordered a nylon holster for the Scorpion so I can have it with me 24/7 )

rolleyes.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
..or if only there were a
paint option!...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is Ted, but 'ya gotta mix it yerself. -the 80gms.bag-a measly 20 bucks for the blue/green mix from extremeglow is at Least as powerful as the AlienSkin).
I've done 4 clockdials and misc. other things with it, & they will glowbrightly for lotsa hours
tongue.gif

Personally, I'm amazed that more commercial products aren't available with coatings of this stuff. It really isn't that expensive, and the mixing/application procedure turns out to be relatively simple
cool.gif

Used properly, -side by side comparison showed maybe 20% better than Alienskin.

p.s.-another site for industrial grade blacklights and premixed glow paints is: www.riskreactor.com -haven't tried 'em yet though....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...Used properly, -side by side comparison showed maybe 20% better than Alienskin.
p.s.-another site for industrial grade blacklights and premixed glow paints is: www.riskreactor.com -haven't tried 'em yet though....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
THANKS, VCAL / Doug!