SPY005 Sign Up List

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Thanks Andrew. It's impressive to see the painstaking care Dave devotes to achieving the ultimate shine from the knob, and daunting to think that he must repeat this ??? times.

BN

Last edited:

rmacias

Enlightened
10 minutes of polishing x 88 units = 14.6 hours. That insane!

Data you are truly a flashaholic. :rock:

RJM

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
repeat until crazy, pretty much.. just like the nano.. check out this post.. not kidding.. and i'm sure i forgot a few steps. I know that 'labor of love' situation for sure.. nanos are my baby, but it's a love-hate relationship for sure. I can't wait 'til they are all completed and i can work on projects that actual fly off the bench. (i made 25 drivers for the groovy JUST TODAY for example)..

ps.. i've seen the knob.. not sure if it was just polished to death or actually chromed.. it's worth the effort.. it's a work of art!

-awr

Last edited:

scrappy

Enlightened
Data:

If you can answer - I don't care when its done, the light is ready when its ready... my question is when do you anticipate taking cash, because I gotta plan ahead here. If you have any idea - even as broad as "March or April" or something...

Thanks
Rich

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
scrappy said:
Data:

If you can answer - I don't care when its done, the light is ready when its ready... my question is when do you anticipate taking cash, because I gotta plan ahead here. If you have any idea - even as broad as "March or April" or something...

Thanks
Rich

Could be March. I just finished polishing the knobs last night. Boy am I glad that is done. Now I move on to polishing the Heads and lens rings.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plating masks for the knobs are finally complete and the knobs are now all at the platers. The heads are 80% polished and Keith tells me they will be done next week. Then I have to make some final touches to them and then they go to the platers too.

Everything is moving along nicely.

I am off on a snowboarding vacation with my family to Killington VT from Wed. through Sun. Yahoo! :wave:

Cheers
Dave

Sturluson

Enlightened
Nice to know that you are well, that the lights are progressing :)rock:) and that you are getting a well-deserved break. You've put enormous effort into this project and I'm sure it will be worth it.

Doc

Enlightened
Data what size trit are we going to need to fit in the Spy? And will you have a line on where to get them?. Thank's, Frank

kukula

Enlightened
I remember that an option with a milled tritium slot was mentioned early in the development of the Spy. I wonder if this was ever made? Anyway I am in for one tritium Bart, preferably blue :rock:

B@rt

Flashaholic
Yup, the slots are visible in the black spy on the left.
HV1T7796.JPG

I'll have several colors ;)

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Will the lanyard hole(s) be on the battery cap? I could only find a preliminary rendering, not a photo.

Brightnorm

Status
Not open for further replies.