"Introducing "Draco" [Accepting Deposit].

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Re: Introducing "Draco"

Modamag and CroMAGnet,

Thank you for making the light and arranging the list! :goodjob:

Finally caught up reading most of the thread again, and re-confirming and update my original spot:

#28 AuroraLite (Al, w/ Turbo head, lanyard version)

And jumping into a new spot:

#138 AuroraLite (Ti, TiCN coating, w/Turbo head, lanyard version)

I for sure shall hope the 'light engine' is swappable and if the light can be non li-ion rechargable dependant, even better(buck/boost board with 2 stage?). But if those cannot be materialize, whatever arrangment we have decided in the end, I am equally happy to compile as well. :thumbsup: :)

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened

pcmike said:
By the way, here is a revised post #6 with updated numbers for the aluminum people.. I took out everyone who was even thinking of Ti just so us Al people could get some idea.
pcmike, please reinstate me to the list you made. (I was #35 for alum. See my posts #37 and #259 on this thread). I, too, am one of you "aluminum people" but will likely be getting a Ti also.
Yeah, I know it's not an official list but I feel better seeing my name where it should be.
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

PCMIKE

PLEASE DELETE YOUR LIST POST.

THERE IS ONLY ONE LIST KEEPER.

NOT TO MENTION IT IS AGAINST CPF RULES

LETS NOT ADD TO THE CONFUSION.

APPRECIATE YOUR ENTHUSIASM ;-)

Last edited:

rscanady

Enlightened

rscanady said:
Oh man I cant hold out any longer

Two for me, please:
#147 in Al with whatever coating both Standard Head and Turbo with SXXH Lux I.

#148 in Titanium (Coating doesnt matter to me, standard head & Turbohead, UXOX

Thanks

Ryan

I still would like the above, but serial # is not important to me so it doesnt matter, thanks

Ryan

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for keeping the list.............
I'm listed as #82;
Alum for #82
Turbo Head

Thanks,

jeffb

If avail, one in Ti depending on #

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would actually prefer if I could get it without serial number at all. As long as I can get it in my preferd finish I will be happy.

Is there any advantage of getting 3W U-bin emmitter over 1W S-bin emitter, to me the S-bin looks like the better deal.

When it comes to the current setting of the drivers, I hope you don't set the low to low like I feel it has been done on McLux PD and Exolion. When it is as low as on those lights you have to choose either not enough light and more than needed runtime or more than needed light and not enough runtime. I miss the well balanced light mode where you get good runtime but are still getting a bright beam. (What I say is not completely true for the Exolion since you can set your own setting for High, but I have now "wasted" it on using it for my custom low mode so I no longer have a High except for burst. Being able to set both Low and High level would have solved the problem). What I would like (especially important for the CC driver) is a low/medium setting that gives me around 2.5 hour runtime, something that should mean running at 80mA.
When it comes to the high/burst mode, I assume it will be 350mA since that is what you used in your calculations and because it is a tiny battery and shouldn't be used harder, does the battery handle 2C discharge?

My revised interest list:
(#066) TiCN / Std + Turbo head / SXOH / uPIC Driver (80mA low +350mA burst)
(#140) TiCN / Std head / SXOH / uPIC Driver (80mA low +350mA burst)
(#???) TiCN / Std + Turbo head / SXOH / CC Driver (80mA low +350mA high)
(#???) TiN / Std head / SXOH / CC Driver (80mA low +350mA high)

Sigbjoern

Shaocaholica

Enlightened

Lurveleven said:
Is there any advantage of getting 3W U-bin emmitter over 1W S-bin emitter, to me the S-bin looks like the better deal.

Have you seen this thread?

The S-bin Lux-Is out perform the U-bin Lux-III's until they max out at ~2.7W. I'm pretty sure that the Draco wont be able to handle that kind of wattage so go for the S-bin.

Last edited:

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Shaocaholica said:
Have you seen this thread?

The S-bin Lux-Is out perform the U-bin Lux-III's until they max out at ~2.7W. I'm pretty sure that the Draco wont be able to handle that kind of wattage so go for the S-bin.

Thanks for the link, Modamag could make life easy for himself and offer the SXOH as the only emitter option.

Sigbjoern

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Modmag,

I don't care about have a number either so "serial doesn't matter to me for my request.

doug

Luxbright

Enlightened

CroMAGnet, could you please kindly add me to the list for an Aluminium version.

Thanks
Terry

Last edited:

jhung

Newly Enlightened

Please add a turbohead to #23 and #25. Thanks.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just want to share this with you guys.
Over the weekend it was ~95F (35C) in Bay Area while in our shop it was more like 110F (43C).
I was able to take some time to learn more programming (CNC).

We spent many hours in the shop to make a few minor changes to improve the "human" factor of the light.
Although designed per "standard" the oring felt a tid bit too tight at 30% compression. So we open it up 0.002" to make it feel just right (modamag right!).

Here are some photos I want to share with you all the fun I had over the weekend. Click on the photo for larger pics :D

The newest baby used for production of the reflector end of the business.

This is where the battery tube is born. 15 machine operations in total

All the funs of the electronic cans are happening here. 16 machine operations in total.

Machine being calibrated & tooling offset entered.

Pin gauge (GO / NO-GO) used to check battery tube

E-Can faceoff. Poor little piece of aluminum have to face all those powerful carbide & PVD diamond coated bits :(

Coolant are applied as the E-can screams for mercy.

The cathode contact of the battery tube was a pain in the A!@#$ to make just right.

First we take a perfectly good battery tube cut it into pieces. The two pieces shown are both part of the main battery tube.

We can now take it to the granite table to ensure proper height for the battery contact (-)

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice photos!!!!!

any Ideas / guesses on the price for these yet?

also would you please change my request to: Aluminum / no serial number

Thank you
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.