What knife do you EDC?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Work: Victorinox Scientist in pocket, Victorinox Cybertool 34 in briefcase.

Home: Victorinox Yeoman (original), red alox Farmer, or One-handed Trekker w/custom micarta scales.

Always: Victorinox stayglow Rambler on keychain

I bet you couldn't tell I'm a Victorinox fan. :grin2:

jcoldwater

Newly Enlightened
Right now my edc knife is a beat up Smith & Wesson Special Ops. I found it on ebay for $3. The only thing wrong with it is, some of the black paint stuff has worn away.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
somehow in spite of being a knife guy and reading this thread whenever it pops up I haven't posted.

I'm currently EDC'ing a Spydie Delica 4 wave with polished clip and tritium vials, a BM Benchmite II, and occasionally a Boker Zeta (ceramic/titanium composite blade). My other main EDC blades are a Wallyworld s30v Native, or Kershaw Blur Tanto CE

Etienne1980

Newly Enlightened
I carry a spyderco Jester plain edge and a small Victorinox Rambler.

I want to live in the USA ! Why ? Because you can carry knives and guns !!!

I live in France and if you are caught by a police officer in possession of ANY knive (the law says "any object that can trouble public order") you are on your way to pay a visit to a french communist judge with the "guilty until proven innocent" stamp.
Armed and responsible citizen are the worst nightmare of the french politicians.

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
I edc a titanium Spyderco ATR. I love the size to weight ratio. It is as close to a perfect knife as I have got so far. I usually prefer a smaller knife because of the weight, but this knife is light! I also love the blade design and unusual frame lock.

Jerb

Newly Enlightened
Currently I EDC a Kershaw Leek, its very slim and fits into a pocket well.

I'm considering picking up the Spyderco manix and a benchmade Griptillian aswell

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up a limited run (500pcs) all black Kershaw Baby Boa and a Boker Subcom F. Really really like both of them. The black Baby Boa is to me the most attractively designed knife I've ever seen! A bit small, but nice. I've been carrying the Baby Boa and the Boker Subcom now and don't think I plan on carrying my Delica4 anymore.

Here's some pics:

img1112qy1.jpg

img1113dj8.jpg

img1114wu4.jpg

img1115zg0.jpg

img1116uf3.jpg

img1117wy1.jpg

img1141rp3.jpg

img1142dc7.jpg

img1143pn6.jpg

img1144lc5.jpg

img1145xj6.jpg

img1146zt7.jpg

revv11

Newly Enlightened
I have been carrying a yellow Victorinox Classic on my keychain for a very long time. But lately my interest in flashlights has also rekindled my interest in knives. Just for fun I gathered up the knives collected through the years and found some I forgot I had - about a dozen or so, some nice, some rough.

I purchased a few knives for the time in years to see which I would like to EDC. This week's flavor is a Kershaw Leek with a plain S30V blade and G10 handle. I'm trying it out inside my waistband, but I'm not too sure about packing an assisted-open knife that close to my vitals. The G10 scales are real grippy, but it makes it somewhat difficult to slide in and out of your pocket or waistband. I can see that heavy use would wear out your clothing. The assisted opening is quite swift and had I not known about it I would have thought this to be a switchblade. It's real snappy.

On its way is a Benchmade Osborne 960 in red and an Al Mar Falcon Ultralight. I'll try them out for a week or two and see which earns the top spot.

0610050003.jpg

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
revv11 said:

I purchased a few knives for the time in years to see which I would like to EDC. This week's flavor is a Kershaw Leek with a plain S30V blade and G10 handle. I'm trying it out inside my waistband, but I'm not too sure about packing an assisted-open knife that close to my vitals. The G10 scales are real grippy, but it makes it somewhat difficult to slide in and out of your pocket or waistband. I can see that heavy use would wear out your clothing. The assisted opening is quite swift and had I not known about it I would have thought this to be a switchblade. It's real snappy.
I EDC the exact same knife. I love it. Out of the box, the G10 was pretty heavy on the texture so I hit it lightly with a belt sander. Now it's perfect. I took the pocket clip off and found that it carries very nicely when just dropped in my pants pocket. I leave the blade lock off and have never had a problem with the blade inadvertently coming open in my pocket. That stone washed S30V blade is fantastic.

folkilsk

Newly Enlightened
I alternate between a Strider SnG tanto, a Strider PT and a Spyderco Ocelot depending on my mood and planned activities. More often than not i have a Strider DB-L in my bag, but the folders see a lot more use.

marcspar

Enlightened
A tiny damascus skeeter from Peter Atwood is always in my pockets, while a rather serious Mad Dog ATAK is in whatever bag I am carrying.

Marc