Inova X1 (3rd Gen) First Impressions

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you have It :rock:

I just ordered 2 New X1's by Express mail. Hopefully they'll be here by Saturday.

For all who ordered earlier, Tell us how you like It...AND please take a shot of the LED.

Thanks

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Ive got one I use on my keychain. Its a great little light. The beam has alot of side spill but also has a very bright center with no black spot what so ever. I havent had a chance to test the throw in the beam yet. (bad flashoholic, I know:whoopin: )The beam does have a slight blue tint to it. Sorry, cant post a picture as I wont be home a few days and my camera is at home.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an X1 at Target today. I do not like the beam very much. I was expecting more out of a 2.0 watt light I guess. It has about half the luminescence and a less defined spot as my RiverRock 1.0 watt/42 lumens light. I think I will have to take it back.

dsc03848dl8.jpg

LiteFan

Enlightened
That looks a lot like my Gen 2 beam, are you sure that you got the Gen3 version?

bondr006 said:
I got an X1 at Target today. I do not like the beam very much. I was expecting more out of a 2.0 watt light I guess. It has about half the luminescence and a less defined spot as my RiverRock 1.0 watt/42 lumens light. I think I will have to take it back.

dsc03848dl8.jpg

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Shadow said:
That package looks right for Gen3. Any chance you can get a pic of the LED itself. Seems to be a mystery around here what they're using...

How do I get a picture of the LED? Just shoot close-up through the lens?

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
bondr006 said:
How do I get a picture of the LED? Just shoot close-up through the lens?

That's it. Try to get the LED in focus. If your camera can macro focus you should do OK. There are people here (not me) who can tell the LED by looking at it. Maybe you've got a bum X1?

Cydonia

Enlightened
Looks just like the LED shown over in cratz2's review of the Inova Bolt. He said the Bolt had the exact same emitter as the Dorcy 4 AAA light, and he took pictures of that LED. It was then remarked that it was the new Rigel LED. And MattK said that the new X1 and the Bolt series use the same LED, even though he was (bound by solemn oaths ;) ) not to disclose what it was called.

LiteFan

Enlightened
Ok its Gen3:ohgeez: At least they upgraded the packaging, probably going to try one anyway to replace may EDC Gen2. Thanks

bondr006 said:
How do I tell if it is a Gen3? The package has all the same specs as they have listed for the X1 at the Inova site.

dsc03850jn8.jpg

kavvika

Enlightened
Can anyone take a comparison beamshot between the 2nd gen. X1 and the 3rd gen. X1? I'd like to see if it puts out enough light to warrent the decrease in runtime.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a Gen3 light. The emitter is made by LumiLED's that's all I can say. :)

Read the package - it says 2.0W LEd - not that it's RUNNING at 2W - that's just marketing blap. I haven't tested but I'd bet .5W is more accurate.

Last edited: