Modding & other stuff I'm willing to do for free

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't know poop about flashlights so I cant' help there but I'm fluent in a few languages including spanish so maybe something there and I do graphics and webdesign so..

Also, at some point when i get some money (I posted a thread about it but got no replies and right now I'm broke again) I'd like to have someone build a killer headlamp for me where I of course pay the cost.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Muchas gracias por ofrecer tus servicios, guiri.

(I think gunga or datiLED were selling modded PT Eos for a reasonable price - or maybe you can trade for your services.)

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be willing to install Fedora or a flavor of Ubuntu and do general hardware updates/installs for any CPF member who can personally deliver and pick up their computer, at the cost of parts and shippng. I will also do low-cost computer builds for cost of parts and shipping. (Anything over $500 US gets treated as a regular order, and gets charged regular rates) Computers must be picked up personally. I will not ship assembled computers. (I live near Hutchinson, MN, USA)

Computer advice is always free :D Just remember I'm highly opinionated.

I will do certain mods for cost of shipping. One example would be cutting down a mag switch. Another would be reflow soldering an led to a pcb. Emitter swaps and boring lights are not included.

Please contact me first with what you want done, so I can verify I'm qualified to do it.

Last edited:

zelda

Enlightened
My services:

-soldering
-turning aluminium, easy parts (no CNC-lathe)
-advice about LED drivers & batteries
-Computer: advice about Windows-based clients & server, general hardware

Zelda

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zelda, would you be able/willing to talk me through a simple network setup at home if needed?

Thanks

George

greenLED

Flashaholic
Man, have I neglected this thread! :shakehead:

OP updated with a :bump:

Oh, and, IIRC, Zelda made a couple of copper minimag heatsinks/cans for me and rscanady a while back... gorgeous work.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can add me if you want :) Swapping LEDs, driver boards and optics. Soldering. Buying advice for people from Europe. Cutting small heatsinks from the bunch of old computer heatsinks I have.

greenLED

Flashaholic
You can add me if you want :) Swapping LEDs, driver boards and optics. Soldering. Buying advice for people from Europe. Cutting small heatsinks from the bunch of old computer heatsinks I have.
Yeehaw! :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks, my friend! Your offer's been added.

Jaywalk3r

Banned
I can offer Mac OS X assistance and troubleshooting. I'm also pretty familiar with Apple's current Mac offerings at any given time, and can make hardware purchase recommendations based on one's individual needs.

Conditions:

I won't help anyone run OS X on non-Apple hardware.

I won't (knowingly) offer help with pirated software.

Disclaimer: I'm not all knowing w/r/t Macs, and make no promises about being able to solve your particular problem. Having said that, I do have a pretty high success rate.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Added Captain Spaulding to the list.

Mac OS X Software and hardware certified and will absolutely help anyone with any needs they may have. Perfectly willing to troubleshoot software issues online through email, IM, or even phone. I would consider hardware help after working out the logistics of shipping as well.

Last edited:

chanjyj

Enlightened
In the photographic fields (strictly still photography)

1. Any photography related advice or help you might need (can't figure out why your picture keeps overexposing?).
2. Specific Nikon DSLR and i-TTL flash troubleshooting (Specific to Nikon as I've only used Nikon since the digital divide of the 2000s. Might be able to help with Canon film gear, but no promises there)
3. Software - specifically in the digital imaging area. If you need a photo retouched, I might be able to help you there.

I work long hours though, due to the very nature of my job so would appreciate anyone PM-ing me to keep that in mind and not expect an instant reply. Thanks!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see it's been a while since anyone's chipped in on this thread.

I can offer my services as a ACMT Qualified Mac / MCSE Qualified Windows tech. You name it, I'll support it :) I can provide remote support through TeamViewer, or if you're in Australia, you can always ship your troublesome device to me.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, since it seems like everything else is taken and I'm too busy with my own experiments and mods, I'll offer my knife throwing advice. :D If anyone is interested in throwing either spin or no-spin technique, I will offer knowledge free of charge.