JetBeam Jet-II & *Jet-III PRO* IBS Review - RUNTIMES, COMPARISONS + FOCUS SHOTS!

Backpacker

Newly Enlightened
Re: JetBeam Jet-II & *Jet-III PRO* IBS Review - RUNTIMES, COMPARISONS + FOCUS SHOTS!

I'm confused :thinking:

Will there be an updated Jet-II IBS, that uses the improved "button" style driver board?
I hope so because the III is really to big/heavy for my needs.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Re: JetBeam Jet-II & *Jet-III PRO* IBS Review - RUNTIMES, COMPARISONS + FOCUS SHOTS!

Will there be an updated Jet-II IBS, that uses the improved "button" style driver board?
Don't know if the current Jet-II PRO lights will get this upgraded circuit. JetBeam has confirmed that the new Jet-III PRO U and Jet-III PRO ST will have it. The Jet-I PRO (IBS version) and Jet-I PRO EX V2 already have it.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened

I have just received my Jet-III Ti today and I have to say that I am very impressed. It is finished really nicely, is built like a tank, tail stands which I was not expecting and is to my eyes brighter than I had anticipated with a very good throw – having just briefly compared it to a L4, M3 running the 380 LF bulb and a Novatac 120P (perhaps I need to top up their cells for a fairer comparison). So overall very impressed with the purchase, even if I got hit for VAT and handling charges when it arrived in the UK.

The Sun

Enlightened

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeffrey Carte\My Documents\My Pictures\Personal\Misc\jettailstand 1.jpg

i thought i would post a tailstand pic (Jet II Pro I.B.S.):grin2:

bgiddins

Newly Enlightened

Still no review of the Jet-III ST and Ultra, or have I missed it?

JKL

Enlightened

Just a few comments:

I confirm that the battery tube is larger on the ST and Ultra, IMHO the Ultra gets about 10% extra throw over the standard Jet-III Pro but with OP reflector not much more, the ST version is a very good 18650/ flashlight for EDC, nice transition between spill and spot, much more compact than the Jet-III Pro but with inferior output.

Good grip and a fantastic IBS circuit.

As usual the choice of the model depends from the final use, at any rate the new models are very nice.

Cheers,

JKL

dscf3894ns6.jpg

dscf3889ms8.jpg

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

As usual the choice of the model depends from the final use, at any rate the new models are very nice.
Thanks for pics and discussion JKL. JetBeam has not sent me samples of the new Jet-III Ultra or ST to review, so I haven't seen these lights in person yet.

JKL

Enlightened

Thanks for pics and discussion JKL. JetBeam has not sent me samples of the new Jet-III Ultra or ST to review, so I haven't seen these lights in person yet.

You are welcome Selfbuilt,

I always read your reviews with great interest.
icon14.gif

A dimensional comparison of the JET-III Pro ST and NDI.

dscf3913yd4.jpg

Last edited:

JKL

Enlightened

The tailcap is much more solid than the old Jet III model,forward click, updated driver board also for the ULTRA and a metal bezel for the ST.
Reverse polarity protection in all new models .

IMHO in the JET-III Pro Ultra surely a smooth reflector it could improve the throw and for this reason I hope that , as requested to JETBeam, smooth reflectors they can be available in the future as spare accessories.

dscf3916pz9.jpg

dscf3922ay7.jpg

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

FYI, JetBeam has confirmed they will be sending me a Jet-III PRO ST to review. But as always, I've got a few other lights also coming in to review, so it will likely be a couple of weeks before that one is up. :wave:

JKL

Enlightened

FYI, JetBeam has confirmed they will be sending me a Jet-III PRO ST to review. But as always, I've got a few other lights also coming in to review, so it will likely be a couple of weeks before that one is up. :wave:

:twothumbs Happy to hear this, we wait next reviews with interest.:popcorn:

Robbie2613

Newly Enlightened

Thanx for your review, but I still can't figure out how to use the mode settings of my new Jet-III M. How can I switch between the different modes and how can I install my personal settings and determine the order of my preset-settings??? I have a Novatac 120T that I can operate without problems, but I can't figure out how to operate my Jetbeam, even with the manual... Hope you can help me!!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Thanx for your review, but I still can't figure out how to use the mode settings of my new Jet-III M. How can I switch between the different modes and how can I install my personal settings and determine the order of my preset-settings???
Unlike the IBS lights reviewed here, the Jet-III M only has one programmable mode.

On the M, with the head fully tight, you get max. With the head slightly loosened, you get the one programmable mode. To activate the ramp to choose your output level, you need to rapidly press the clicky 3 times within 1sec.

The regular IBS lights have 3 programmable modes, that you set in the same way. On those lights you switch between the 3 set-able modes by soft-pressing the clicky.

Hope that helps - see my Jet-III M review for more info.

bluecrow76

Enlightened

I just got a Jetbeam III PRO IBS and am really enjoying it. I've searched around and have not seen it stated directly anywhere, so I'm going to ask the question. It appears that the circuit in the Jet II PRO IBS & Jet III PRO IBS is the same. This means that if I only have CR123 cells available, I should be able to insert a SINGLE CR123 and a dummy cell in my Jet III PRO IBS and have it operate properly and expecting run times to be the same as the Jet II PRO IBS. Does anyone see a flaw in this reasoning?

EDIT: I'm debating on getting a Jet II PRO IBS as well... yes because I have an addiction! :D I'm just hoping this train of thought will help me delay the inevitable for a month or so! I want a small thrower and it looks like it will fit the bill just fine.

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

It appears that the circuit in the Jet II PRO IBS & Jet III PRO IBS is the same. This means that if I only have CR123 cells available, I should be able to insert a SINGLE CR123 and a dummy cell in my Jet III PRO IBS and have it operate properly and expecting run times to be the same as the Jet II PRO IBS. Does anyone see a flaw in this reasoning?
That should work fine, but I've never tested it.

bluecrow76

Enlightened

I just got home from work and tried the CR123+Dummy and it works (some would say duh!). Here's a little data collected:

Code:
Measurements in mA.
These current readings were taken with a cheapo Harbor Freight DMM.
Measurements are for comparative purposes between the three cells I used.

18650   CR123 #1   CR123 #2
50%      630         40        830
low       60         34         70
100%    1500         47       1890
18650 was at 4.08V
CR123 #1 was a Golston @2.81V
CR123 #2 was a fresh Titanium @3.00V (from BatteryJunction.com)

Since the Jetbeam doesn't report to you what the setting is, I can't tell you exactly what low was, all I can say is its a little lower than the default.