• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Chrome McLux.PD Owners–Who and Where?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Okay—Saw a comment from PSM stating that there's something like forty (40) Chromed McLux.PDs, and like the other threads on how many SureFire M6 owners, etc., etc.

How many of you have the Chrome McLux.III.PD?

CHC (1)-Catman10 (1)-PoliceScannerMan (1)-Fringe (1)-diddy808 (1)-billybright (1)-Elakazam (1)-Lips (1)-InFlux (1)-DFiorentino (1) = 10 Chrome McLux.III.PDs +

Jurphaas (1)-Kiessling (1)-Bob_G (1)-Lunarmodule (1)-G-2 (1)-Bogus1 (1)-alauda (1)-EricMack (1) = 8 Chrome McLux.III.PDs +

Last edited:

Catman10

Enlightened
Re: Chrome McLux.PD–How Many Out There

I was fortunate enough to get one too! A sweet nitrous one with 1100/330 setting. I'm able to use it on the low setting most of the time, with occasional burst use at the higher setting. It's a great little light.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

1 here

PD011email.jpg

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Two quotes from the horses mouth!!

McGizmo said:
Anyway, the chrome guys are all gone and history now. They are much more durable than I would have expected but oh what a PITA they have been for the plater and then me, in getting some of them to behave reasonably well in terms of their threads.

- Don

McGizmo said:
Hi guys,
I believe there is an even 40 of the chrome lights out in the CPF population. My wife surprised me and grabbed a single one off of mine and expressed interest in it so I gladly gave it to her as I stopped carrying it when the Ti happened. There will be no more of these as they are too problematic to get up and running but the ones that made it off the bench will likely provide some good long service! I am very impressed and somewhat surprised with just how well the chrome holds up!

billybright

Enlightened

One chrome here in England
(with the NG2x2)

Edit: I also have #6 of these rare PD beauty's:) ;

PD-swirl.jpg

Last edited:

InFlux

Enlightened

Catman10 said:
I was fortunate enough to get one too! A sweet nitrous one with 1100/330 setting. I'm able to use it on the low setting most of the time, with occasional burst use at the higher setting. It's a great little light.

I've got one of the Nitro models also. Only five of those were made! I believe they're still the only lights to utilize the NexGen 2x2, so far. It's as bright as many quality 2x123 lights- and chrome! And until Catman10 posted, I had no idea where any of the others were.

Oh, I'm in Northern, VA. :grin2:

FRANKVZ

Enlightened

InFlux said:
I've got one of the Nitro models also. Only five of those were made! I believe they're still the only lights to utilize the NexGen 2x2, so far. It's as bright as many quality 2x123 lights- and chrome! And until Catman10 posted, I had no idea where any of the others were.

Oh, I'm in Northern, VA. :grin2:

Those and the Titanium ones :devil:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess you could consider me part of the group as soon as mine comes in the mail.

:whistle:

...to EDC or not to EDC, that is the question. :huh:

-DF

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
DFiorentino said:
I guess you could consider me part of the group as soon as mine comes in the mail.

:whistle:

...to EDC or not to EDC, that is the question. :huh:

-DF

Get a holester from www.artofthehide.com I got a beaver flap one for my chromy PD and it really does protect my chrome from any disaster!!

BTW, which converters are in the Non-Nitro Chromes??? I like my set up for the long runtime, plenty of light for my use.... Thanks Frank!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting thread....has anyone a chrome PD with a CHROME bezel.....? VERY few of these made doncha know! :huh2:

Karl

InFlux

Enlightened

FRANKVZ said:
Those and the Titanium ones :devil:

McGizmo- From Ti Sale Thread said:
These lights have the Wiz2x2 rev8 converter in them and this latest revision of driver has some flea spec resistors for setting the current levels. I am getting these boards from Wayne already set to run at 20 mA low and 525 mA high as target levels.

Unless you know something I don't know :shrug:

BTW- I don't have a Ti one, yet. :popcorn: