Show your beat up light.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
lets see your scratched up lights

well ill start since i made this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif this is a solitare that my dad has had for atleast 10 years on his keychain. the origonal color is black.
beatupsolitare.jpg

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: lets see your scratched up lights

dsc003388fc.jpg

Top, Streamlight Stinger, Middle, 3C M@g, DB-3 drop in, UCL lens. Bottom, 3D M@g, DB-3 drop in, UCL lens.

One thing good about having beat up lights. You will use them. You won't baby them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

dsc003420nj.jpg

XM-3, was a daily user but now in retirement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast

How do you all manage to scratch up these lights so much?

My Maglite 2AA that I edc'd for over 10 years (retired it a year ago) only has a few minor knicks on it (from being dropped), after carrying it in its holster almost daily for this period. I didn't baby it either. How are the lights above getting so scratched up?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

All my lights got beat up doing Aircraft Maintenance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some of mine get a little cruddy from chlorine, but they stay pretty scratch-free. .

Jeritall

Enlightened

My favorate flashlight was mostly scratched, on purpose, by a sailor on the USS Helena. The ship's name is scratched in, in addition to the sailors serial number. The USS Helena was among the first ships attacked at Pearl Harbor, and was torpedoed, but not sunk. She went on to be be the first ship to recieve the Navy Unit Commendation for her actions in the battles of Cape Esperance, Guadacanal and Kula Gulf. She also was rewarded the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign metal with seven battle stars. The ship was sank on July 5, 1943 during the battle of Kula Gulf. 168 men of the 900 man crew died. Well earned scratches huh?

P1010001.jpg

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I've got you guys beat. How's this? Was a fellow's main duty light for a couple decades. Run over, thrown off bridges, dragged through mud, used to smash doors and windshields, and may /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif have been used for the occasional personality adjustment.

beat.jpg

JanCPF

Enlightened

Jeritall,

Very interresting. Does it still light up?

Jan

Jeritall

Enlightened

The bulb is either original or at least from that era. The filament is still good and I don't want to risk blowing it, so I haven't tried it. The inside of the tube is free of battery acid, the base cap spring looks a little rusty but clean, the switch switches, so I'm pretty sure it would light up, but...let's call it retired...

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

My oldest 2C Mag vs newest LED modded Mag.
20 +++ years old and it still works.
It was in my tool box for at least 15 years on the road with me. I had that small 2C before Minimags came about.
Then about 7 years or so ago I got a SureFire (Laser products at that time) 6P. Then came CPF. The rest is history and a lotta $$$$$ over the dam.

DSCN3689.JPG

cy

Flashaholic

here's my trusty ARC AAA backup light w/micarta spyderco

arc aaa backup.JPG

greenLED

Flashaholic

hmmm.... so that's how my black ArcAAA is going to look in a couple of years? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened

SureFire Z3, HOLA

Z3 tortured

Smashed laminated glass with that bezel and dropped out of police cars window at 60km/h. The HOLA was still working after that.

Today I use a M2 bezel for the light. This is the 3rd bezel for the light becuz the others died /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif ...

LG
Metin

P.S. Im sorry that I cant post the pics, I use the webspace on msn... I cant link the pics to the post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ...

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

cy, nice wayne goddard. Wow..my E1L with 2 scratches isn't that battered after all

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

My EDC. Dropped a couple of times, had to repair the switch, still going strong:

wornpm6led.jpg

...unlike my until-recently other EDC...

broke10x.jpg

Don`t ask. No, really. Needless to say, it doesn`t work any more.

Wonder if the "if it breaks, we`ll fix it" warranty covers damage like *that*? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

(sorry about the horrible .JPG compression, Photoshop broke down on me, don`t know why)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now here`s why I love SureFire. Almost completely destroy one and you can still repair it with the minimum of parts...

repaired10x.jpg

The new "lens" was cut from a sheet of scrap acrylic plastic, yes I know it`ll melt but it`ll do until I can find somewhere to get a "proper" Pyrex replacement. And the battery was fixed with a load of superglue and some re-soldering of broken contacts. All`s left for now is to find a new low-beam lamp (I already had a spare MN31 high-beam) and it can go back on duty...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only thing prettier than a nice new light is one that has been beat up doing it's job.
Nice work guys!