What knife/knives do you EDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I carry the Stars and Stripes edition Large Sebenza as an EDC. I really like it and I think the only thing that could compete would be the Strider that came out last fall. I can't remember the model, but I know that some of the members have them and gave them very favorable reviews.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I carry a no-name folder (I can't afford those fancy ones mentioned above) with a tanto-style blade.

Just got it last week, tried to use the tip once as a screwdriver and wrecked it already. Opps... Oh well, it's only $10, buying stuff to sharpen it will cost more than replacing it.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
I alternate between my Benchmade 710 and 942 for EDC and save my William Henry Icon for special occasions

ygbsm

Enlightened
Strider AR, Crawford Custom Leopard Cub, sometimes a Commander (and sometimes a CRK&T Kasper or Benchmade Griptilian for those duties for which I can't bring myself to use the more expensive blades). In the woods a Strider EB-LS or HT. Have many other that get occassional carry (including Emerson Mini Com, Mini CQC7, Strider AD DB, SOG Flashes I II, Kershaw Rainbow Leek, Benchmade 690s w/all carbon fiber scales, w/burled maple scales etc.) It's another disease closely related to flashaholism!
icon15.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I recently acquired a Mission Knives MPF, a large all Titanium folder. It is a brute of a knife, but, because of the material, it carries like one half that size.

Ordinarily, I carry the Al Mar SERE 2000 and a Spyderco Dragonfly.

Bucky

Enlightened
Originally posted by Gone Jeepin:
I carry a Stars and Stripes edition Large Sebenza as an EDC. I really like it and I think the only thing that could compete would be the Strider that came out last fall. I can't remember the model, but I know that some of the members have them and gave them very favorable reviews.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Strider SnG?

I carry a CRK Stars & Stripes Sebenza too, but the small version. To me it is the best looking graphic CRK has ever made. I also occasionally carry a Benchmade 705 or 705 Forum Knife (with M2 steel). I like sub 3" folders for EDC.

Bucky

guncollector

Enlightened
For those unaware, here are links to the knife companies fellow CPF'ers carry, plus notes of some of my favorites for EDC:

Al Mar Knives (SERE 2000, a bit big for me, but one of the best "all around" utility/survival folders made)
Benchmade Knives (Mel Pardue 720, love the Axis lock, great design/shape/size. Would be my EDC if they made the handles in titanium.)
Chris Reeve Knives (Sebenza, period.)
Emerson Knives (CQC-7A [spearpoint]. "The original tactical folder" [tanto version] that started it all. Ernie has a cult following, and for good reason.)
MicroTech Knives (SOCOM, UDT, LUDT, Mini-SOCOM, LCC, etc. This company makes some of the finest tactical folder anywhere--too bad the owner ran the company into the ground. I hear they might be making a comeback. Let's hope so.)
Mission Knives (not really known for folders, but they make superb fixed blades)
Spyderco (Delica, Endura, Wenger, etc. Too many great, economical EDC knives to count!)
Strider Knives (AR is nice, but very big for EDC. SnG is "the kind" if you can get your hot little hands on one.)

You will be well-served by almost any knife from any of the above-mentioned companies.

Opinions will differ on who "makes the best", or "best bang for the buck", but rest-assured they all make a quality product.

If you don't carry a knife every day, I ask "why the hell not?"...

sotyakr

Enlightened
My work EDC's are a Spyderco Native FRN combo edge and Leatherman Pulse (it has a knife blade, so I guess this qualifies). Other than that, a Spyderco Calypso Jr. FRN plain edge.

RossB

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Wave and tool adapter in the totebag, and a Schrade Tough Chip in my pants pocket.

RossB

PWork

Newly Enlightened
Victorinox Pioneer, two blade model with small spearpoint blade. It bumped my Sebenza outa my pocket.

Paul

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
HHmmm...Depends on the day.
Sometimes a Speedtech (no longer made, damnit)or a Sebenza.

Today was a simple Spydie Endura.

At work, I have a MOD Dieter/CQD-1 on the belt, and a few hidden items
wink.gif

--dan

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
The best knives that I know of for durability are:
Chris Reeves sebenza folder
Chris Reeves one piece fixed blades
Busse Battle Mistress E

Of the fixed blades, no offense to the superb CRK one piece, the Battle Mistress is theoretically supposed to be much stronger and indestructible.
I have CRK fixed blades. I have orderred but not received the sebenza and battle mistress.

www.bussecombat.com
www.chrisreeve.com

Whistler

Enlightened
Chris Reeve, Mnandi at work.

In my free time a small Sebenza or Large Sebenza woodinlay(
grin.gif
).

Since a time I carry a CR Green Beret SE, only 8 were made ( I heard).The serrated part of the blade is orientated on the left side, looking from the top. Indoor and nearby the house... and not at work of course
winkie.GIF

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
My actual EDC is the Camillus/Darrel Ralph CUDA EDC in 154CM - nice little knife for the money.

edc2a.jpg

For non-EDC its a "Buckbenza" - the no longer produced Buck 110 version with Titanium handle named the 560 with a BG42 blade upgrade and an "One armed bandit" for one hand opening.

pics\buckbenza.jpg

Pic made by Buzzbait of BF who came up with the name too

Hopefully soon my EDC will / should be the Buck/Mayo collaboration TNT in S30V - soon to come.
pics\bucktnt.jpg

Those should be coming off the production line RSN

Klaus

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Me? I usually carry a DC Munroe Chimera (Like this one) except that the frame on mine is blue anodized
knife_chimera_carbon.jpg

If I'm dressing up I carry a Jeff Hall
Hall2_lg.jpg

Except mine has a plain steel blade, plain steel bolsters (waiting to be engraved) and ambonya burl slabs

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Leatherman Micra, Victorinox Swiss Card, Victorinox Executive, or Victorinox Rambler (I work in an office) And an original leatherman tool in my coat pocket in a Nite Ize Pouch with my LED Lenser. I also wear a Leatherman Supertool on the weekends.

I'm looking for a medium folder with a pocket clip for under $50.00 but haven't seen one I like yet.

Chris

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Benchmade Axis lock knives because I daresay they can go from closed to open to closed faster and easier than anything else around, "automatics" included. I have two 710S's, but have taken to carrying the 705 for the lighter weight and greater innocuousness-
Also carry around the SuperKnife, which is great because of the replaceable utility knife blade, making it perfect for all sorts of rough and tumble usage.

--------------------------------
A young man was sitting in class when the professor asked him if he knew what the Roe vs. Wade decision was. He sat quietly, pondering this very profound question. Finally, after giving it a lot of thought, he sighed and said, "I think this was the decision George Washington made prior to crossing the Delaware."

ygbsm

Enlightened
Re:"(AR is nice, but very big for EDC. SnG is "the kind" if you can get your hot little hands on one.)"

The AR is large for pocket carry, but works nicely in a belt pouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.