• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 27LT Bezels FOR SALE !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys I have the parts and they are for sale.
The target price was $39.00 for these and I have good news. They will be $36.00 delivered!! How do you like that these came in less than expected.

Please payPal me at:
[email protected]

If you live over-seas or in Canada please ADD $2.50 for a total each of $38.50 US. I will ship as samples.
NO discount for multiple parts in an order. Sorry.

IN the paypal area message area please include your address as well as CPF Handle there so I can easily keep track Who is getting what.
These will ship this weekend on Sunday (I have a 24/7 /367 post office near by) and again on Wednesday.
There are no optional shipping modes available. First class air mail only.
These are pretty much exactly the same as the titanium batch except the have been deburred BY HAND.
And of course they are made from Stainless Steel instead of Titanium. Side by side it is very difficult to tell the difference.

Oh there is a bonus. The model part made from Titanium is mixed in with the stainless parts so some lucky person will be receiving a titanium part if all 65 parts sell.

IMPORTANT:
I have received ONE(out of 70+ sold) report that the bezel did not hold the Lens with pressure to the O-Ring. Resulting in a loose front glass. The fix is simple, a larger (thicker) O-ring or a thicker window. Some people with the -S variety of Lt's also experienced this problem. This is due to the 0.030" removed from the reflectors. The heads internal dimensions were not changed in the -s lights but the reflector length did. The 27LT bezel is made for the 27LT specifically. The -S's need a thicker O-Ring.
All of that said, It is important to insure that you have a good seal between the lens and o-ring. This is achieved by having good pressure between the bezel ring and the window glass. So guys before going out and running around in the rain or before taking the plunge into the ocean or your pool please MAKE SURE that you have a perfect seal anything less will not do. A poor seal will allow water into the light which could end up damaging your light resulting in an expensive repair bill.
My goal is to provide a high quality product whose use will not lead to the flashlights destruction.
I can't take responsibility for a destroyed flashlight due to a poor seal. So if you do have this problem just let me know VIA PM and I will work with you to find a fix or a return.
END important message.

There are a limited number of these but I don't see them going as fast as the last batch. So You may order as many as you like.

Thanks.
Yaesumofo

thebeef.jpg

HI Guys I am contemplating a small (50 max) run of 27LT Bezels. They will be the same as the last batch which were made from Titanium.
They will be machined from 303 Stainless Steel this time. The titanium about killed the budget on the last run. Stainless Steel will have about the same practical performance in terms of protecting the light which is it's primary function. SS will look pretty damn good as well. These parts will be tumbled to hit the hard edges. We have developed a technique which allows for tumbling without damaging the threads. This will be a very nice part. This set of parts is primarily aimed for people who did not get in on the last batch. There will be a higher limit to the number of bezels you will be able to buy this time up to 5 parts. If there is a strong response to this interest light I will up the order. Expect these to be ready for shipping in 3 weeks provided I have enough interest to justify a go.
What do you guys think? Price right around $39.00 including shipping and PayPal tax.
Yaesumofo

A titanium version: (the SS version will look exactly the same)
thebeef2.jpg

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 27LT Bezels ...again...Interest list

Is this new batch going to fit the 27LT-S? If so, count me in for one :)

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Even though there has been little response to this I have gone ahead and ordered a small (25) piece run of these. They will be the same as the titanium part. According to the Master Don there has been no change to the 27LT head internal dimensions so these will work just fine across the board.
I will have these b the end of the week if not the day.
More as things develop.
Yaesumofo

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for at least one!

Paypal is truly locked and loaded...

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi guys.

Just an update and a couple of questions.

The Stainless steel bezels will be ready in a couple of days.

I wonder if you guys really care that these are not made in titanium or not?
Here is the problem.
$6.80 a pound for stainless
$112.50 per pound for titanium
These numbers are a little high... for both materials. so knock of say 20% for each and you still end up with crazy numbers. Titanium is at least 10X the price of stainless steel.

This paints the picture as to why I am making this batch of parts in stainless steel. I will see how these go and if they are successful then I will make more or something else. If not I will just make something else. I have some pretty cool things in the works... At least I think they are cool.

Hey guys please let me know your feelings about the Titanium vs Stainless thing.
Look I love the stuff as much as the next guy. Titanium is really cool stuff. Personally I don't think you will ever notice any difference between these in stainless and the titanium part. Functionally I believe the stainless part will be just as durable. Lets face it it will take one hell of a lot of abuse to do even the most minor damage to these. Stainless steel is extremely tough and should serve any flashlight the are used on for many many years to come. If you break one of my bezels just send it back to me and I will replace it. The threads are not included because they are easily damaged by improper installation (operator error) I can't cover operator error, I also will not fix or replace any light these bezels are mounted on which become damaged as a result of failure of this part.
I am very interested in your thoughts regarding the ti vs. SS thing.
Please let me know how you feel.
Yaesumofo

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stainless is fine for me. The only reason I would possibly "have to have" titainium, is if my light was titainium as well. Since I plan on putting this on my 27LT-S, there is no problem for me :)

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please put me down for one!! To me it makes no difference at all as each will protect the bezel and that is why I want one primarily and they make the light look "cooler" is just a bonus!! Thanks for doing this for those of us who doing get in the first time.

Bob_G

Enlightened

I'll take one.

Since you asked, there's a bazillion metal alloys out there, so for me, I don't get why SS is the runner up to Ti. I understand the fascination with Ti, but SS is boring to me. A coated tool steel at least, or even a "cool" SS like a high performance blade steel. Maybe I just like my Al-bronze CRT Ion too much :D

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yaesumofo,
I was one of your original buyer's for your Ti bezel. It not only was cool but it was priced right. I remember you got the Ti at a good price and passed on the difference to us
thanks.gif
The bezel was designed to conserve Ti to get the most out of the rod. It did that and more by producing THE bezel for a 27LT.

I feel that by going with SS you can get a more dynamic design out as well and for a reasonable cost.

SF2

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

takeit.gif

You have a signup thread?

yaesumofo said:
I will have these later this week!!
Yaesumofo

Last edited:

Clickie

Newly Enlightened

Ti has almost tripled in price in the last year or so .... with that said I think you're going to see a lot more stuff like this made of SS, either way its still an awesome add-on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.