Lumens Factory M series type bulb

duckpotatoes

Newly Enlightened
Yep its true! Gabriel returned my email promptly, and mentioned the complexities of the difficult bulb design shape. So about a month till the press release...
so how many lumens ya think, on them 18650's....?
650? 7....?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Crap! I thought I might get a break, but no!

More packages from Hong Kong:

"What are you getting all the time from Hong Kong?"
"Flashlight bulbs."
"No really, what are you getting from Hong Kong?"

Just received my HO-E1A and HO-E2A.

The E2A is a very nice improvement-very very bright with excellent beam quality. It will make a nice upgrade to my E2E which is an EDC.

The E1A is amazing! Very bright with beautiful beam. If you have a one cell SF incan, you should have one of these.

Mark

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah crap...why'd you have to go and do that? Now I HAVE to buy an M3 head and an C2M adapter to run a rediculously bright bulb in my C2+Detonator. I guess it's ramen again...even worse, when I was in college (way back), I lived off a sack of potatoes for a month...you think ramen for a month is bad, try potatoes (and no, I didn't have anything else to make nice, yummy, fancy potato dishes...just a microwave and a fork).

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fantastic news, LF! I hope there are a few extended runtime lamps in the offering (especially for the M3)! :popcorn: :popcorn:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
leukos said:
Fantastic news, LF! I hope there are a few extended runtime lamps in the offering (especially for the M3)! :popcorn: :popcorn:

I sent them an e'mail about a week ago asking about bulbs for the M3 and if they were going to do one of their 700 lumen 13v bulbs ( 3 x 3.7 Lithium ). I received a reply saying that they were, but not at that sort of power. The e'mail is at work but I think he was quoting around 280 or 300 lumens or something around there. It was for 7 volts and two 14500 cells.

I don't know if they had decided for sure yet ....

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent! Muhahahahahahahahaha. :)

I can't wait to see what they develop. Bulbs for 2x3.7 and 3x3.7 setups would be great. a 2x18650 bulb, a cross between the MN16 and MN21 would be great.

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Outdoors Fanatic said:
I hope they will be offering bulbs for the SF Turboheads too, and not only for the regular M series.

First post says they are making them for the M4 so that will be a turbohead offering.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
The plan is to design a lamp assembly for the M3, M3t, and the M4.
We are going to use lamps that is similar in output as the Extreme High Output Lamps in the D26 and D36 series with a higher lead to coil length and most of all improved shocked resistence.

A different filament treatment coating technology will be used on these lamps that will improve the shock resistence and increase the output and colour temp by at least 5%, average life will also be longer.

The bulb will not "blacken" easily with this coating and chance of instaflash will be minimized because the filament will be much stronger.

So as you can see, it is easier said then done. The lamps with the above quality are only used by a few OEM clients who demands military spec lamps. One of them is RICO, the lamp after the treatment will perform like what you see on the videos on their site.

Pricing has not been discussed yet as the product is still in the testing stages.

That is all the update I can give you guys. I am keeping my mouth shut on this project until further notice. :sssh:

Cheers,

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding!!

I hope there will be lamp assemblies for regular batteries too. How bright can you make a 3XCR123 lamp assembly for the M3T? Heat won't be a problem, as these lights were designed for serious use.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Mark!

I appreciate the update. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of these bulbs.