Tranquillity Base Titanium Host (Not for Sale)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
-1 Beautiful Tranquillity Base Host :)
-3x MCR17xr Reflectors
-3x Cree XR-E Q5 WC Emitters
-Flupic Driver (Each LED see's 400ma max)
-Custom Heatsink & Board Holder
-18500 Powered

IMG_0335-vi.jpg

IMG_0313-vi.jpg

IMG_0308-vi.jpg

IMG_0281-vi.jpg

IMG_0284-vi.jpg

IMG_0287-vi.jpg

IMG_0304-vi.jpg

Last edited:

nitnapz

Enlightened
Re: Tranquillity Base Titanium Host

mmm just crapped my pants again... I like the heatsink and the integration of the flupic. i just programmed my v2.2 and love it on a TnC 27mm Cflex

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

mmm just crapped my pants again... I like the heatsink and the integration of the flupic. i just programmed my v2.2 and love it on a TnC 27mm Cflex

The heatsink is extra long in order to bypass the upper contact typically used in the 2 piece 18mm bodies.

Mac

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is it a thrower or more flood? Any beamshots?

The MCX17xr's have a nice medium beam with good throw for a 17mm reflector. Typically if you want a "thrower" you need to go with a large smooth reflector.

Mac

easilyled

Flashaholic
Man, what a beauty!

The owner is a very lucky man indeed.

Not that I'm envious. Oh no! :sigh:

Ok, I want it. :banghead: Give it to me, my precious! :help:

tdurand

Enlightened
Very chunky! I like it!:thumbsup:

Would it make sense to increase the surface area of the heatsink in some way? Maybe instead of one solid disc a set of 'stacked' discs with a smaller diameter spacer in between?

T

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very chunky! I like it!:thumbsup:

Would it make sense to increase the surface area of the heatsink in some way? Maybe instead of one solid disc a set of 'stacked' discs with a smaller diameter spacer in between?

T

Tyler that heatsinks sits at the bottom of the Head. The long tube protrudes into the neck of the body to eliminate TB's Old style upper contact adpater.

Mac

Last edited:

dirkp

Enlightened
hi mac

impressive work. i love it
thumbup.gif

hey guys:
the light is my one. i got it fro tb a year ago and now mac asked me , if i could sent the light to him that he can mod it.
i love it
grin.gif

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi mac

impressive work. i love it
thumbup.gif

hey guys:
the light is my one. i got it fro tb a year ago and now mac asked me , if i could sent the light to him that he can mod it.
i love it
grin.gif

True......I asked Dirk to modify his light :) This is my Favorite from TB and just wanted to make it special! Now I just need TB to build me one :)

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez this is SERIOUS stuff uh!!

I see you always make flat heatsinks with no apparent guiding slots, how do you position the LEDs so that they are well centered in regard to the flashllight?

Amazing as always :twothumbs

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez this is SERIOUS stuff uh!!

I see you always make flat heatsinks with no apparent guiding slots, how do you position the LEDs so that they are well centered in regard to the flashllight?

Amazing as always :twothumbs

The MCRxxXR series have an O-ring groove. I install an O-ring around the reflectors then position the reflectors so that the led end is facing up. Then I insert each LED into a reflector and apply a thin coate of thermal adhesive. Next a slide the head with heatsink installed over the LED - Reflector assembly. If the reflectors are tight fit into the head then you are done if not you can flip everything over and center by eye. If there is alot of room I will make a quick PVC spacer as a guide then remove the spacer once the adhesive sets up.

Mac

Last edited: