Imalent        
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Flashlights, Pistols, and Blades... :)

Default Re: Flashlights, Pistols, and Blades... :)

HA! I always assumed rich was your name, not your financial status. Are you also a bodybuilder?

~ Chance

SWEET collection!

Photo Credit and owner of all the above. Except the $20. He's probably spent that on ammo.
    - richbuff
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 10-08-2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Add photo credit
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Honorary Aussie

Only shot a Python a couple of times but the mechanism was like a clockwork. The overall look and feel just said ďprecision.Ē Plus they shoot real nice. ;-)
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    I thought I'd posted this.... but didn't see it L@@King through the last few pages. I've owned the Python for about 43 years. Purchased it new.

~ Chance
    Very nice!! 6" barrel? Is that Chrome or Nickel? Do ya shoot it? Looks brandy new!

I had a safe queen and sold it because I couldn't bare to shoot it. Now I'm looking for a shooter so I can enjoy it. I'm thinking about going with a nice blued model, still up in the air on 4" or 6".

Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    Very nice!! 6" barrel? Is that Chrome or Nickel? Do ya shoot it? Looks brandy new!

I had a safe queen and sold it because I couldn't bare to shoot it. Now I'm looking for a shooter so I can enjoy it. I'm thinking about going with a nice blued model, still up in the air on 4" or 6".
    Thank you. Yes, it's a six inch model. After about 50 rounds it also attained shelf queen status, as I had a hard time dealing with the nickel starting to discolor around the front of the cylinder.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Thank you. Yes, it's a six inch model. After about 50 rounds it also attained shelf queen status, as I had a hard time dealing with the nickel starting to discolor around the front of the cylinder.

~ Chance
    Nice collection you've got there.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Nice collection you've got there.
    I WISH! These #781 belong to richbuff. The Colt Python on the previous page is mine.

~ CG

Realizing that criminal bastards wouldn't wait for me to put my glasses on at 4am, I purchased and installed an internal laser.

~ Chance

Realizing that criminal bastards wouldn't wait for me to put my glasses on at 4am, I purchased and installed an internal laser.

~ Chance
    Nice XD CG. People here (they are made in my hometown) use DYI silencer versions. They use 4.5Ē barels and rethread them. Whatís the flashlights next to it? My sore eyes and small phone donít give much details...

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    Nice XD CG. People here (they are made in my hometown) use DYI silencer versions. They use 4.5Ē barels and rethread them. Whatís the flashlights next to it? My sore eyes and small phone donít give much details...
    4Sevens Satin Titanium Quark Turbo 123 x2. They're seen less often than baby squirrels. The black one is an OverReady DiamondBack TL 100, 18490 x 2, sporting a Vesture Of Blood MT-G2 5000K drop-in.

~ CG

Honorary Aussie

Nice photos, all. Some impressive pieces for sure.
    Last edited by magellan; 10-09-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrat View Post

I like how the bottom knife knife is symmetrical, between the blade and the handle.

And the 3D etching on the middle knife is cool.
    Last edited by magellan; 10-09-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magellan View Post
    I like how the bottom knife knife is symmetrical, between the blade and the handle.

And the 3D etching on the middle knife is cool.
    Yes, all three are in the functional art category.

~ CG

The etching is actually just the shape inherent in the farriers rasp that it's made from. All 3 are from Michael Morris Knives.

Oveready B.O.S.S / Foursevens Bolt-Action / Beretta .380

~ Chance

Honorary Aussie

Very cool.

Is the Beretta a blowback type like the Walther PPK?
    Last edited by magellan; 10-10-2018 at 06:32 AM.

Very cool.

Is the Beretta a blowback type like the Walther PPK?
    I don't know. When I shoot it, it goes PEW PEW PEW. Does that help?

~ Chance

Honorary Aussie

Ha! I guess thatís all that matters. ;-)

My understating is that most .380ís are pure blowback. In other words, they donít use the original Browning designed tilting barrel lockup like on the 1911 Colt Government model, which is what most larger semi-automatics have. An exception is the Israeli .50 Desert Eagle, which is also a blowback type. Maybe the other smaller Desert Eagles are also, but I havenít shot those.

Iím not an expert on these matters so if any of the more knowledgeable folk here need to correct anything Iíve said please feel free to do so.

Flashaholic*

My understating is that most .380ís are pure blowback. In other words, they donít use the original Browning designed tilting barrel lockup like on the 1911 Colt Government model, which is what most larger semi-automatics have. An exception is the Israeli .50 Desert Eagle, which is also a blowback type. Maybe the other smaller Desert Eagles are also, but I havenít shot those.

Iím not an expert on these matters so if any of the more knowledgeable folk here need to correct anything Iíve said please feel free to do so.
    The Baby Eagles are basically a CZ75 clone. They are made by IWI and called Jerico until Magnum Research imported them and renamed them. They are no longer called Baby Eagles because MR no longer imports them. There is (or was) a 380 Micro Eagle as well.

Honorary Aussie

;-)

Coincidentally I just read that after finding the Wiki article. ;-). It said exactly the same thing, referring to the Jericho model as you said. Lots of good info there also about the CZís for anyone who likes their models.

Flashaholic*

;-)

Coincidentally I just read that after finding the Wiki article. ;-). It said exactly the same thing, referring to the Jericho model as you said. Lots of good info there also about the CZís for anyone who likes their models.
    They are also probably the only CZ75 "clone" that is actually better than the CZ 75. That is just an amazing platform. Even some of the lesser clones are really good, just lacking any customer support if needed.

Obviously, I'm not a firearms guy, I've just picked up a few over the years. I couldn't answer your question so I decided to try n make you laugh instead. I remember seeing a comedian talking about kids and their marching gun sound. Yep, he went into the audience and sticking the mic in peoples face he told them to make their machine gun sound. It was hilarious.

~ Chance

Honorary Aussie

Ahh. Well, I donít claim to be an expert but I do have the basics.

A friend who is fairly expert (and who taught me) said to just read Guns and Ammo magazine for a year, and youíd understand everything pretty well, because after a while the same things get repeated.

A .50 Action Express in blowblack form would be horrific to shoot. No, just like the other larger variety Desert Eagles, the .50 uses a Gas operated rotating bolt to reduce the bite.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Ahh. Well, I donít claim to be an expert but I do have the basics.

A friend who is fairly expert (and who taught me) said to just read Guns and Ammo magazine for a year, and youíd understand everything pretty well, because after a while the same things get repeated.
    I had to stop reading Guns n Ammo and Automotive Weekly. Both of them gave me the Gimme-Wants.

~ Chance

Honorary Aussie

Ha. I know what you mean. ;-)

I inherited the Virginian Dragoon .44 Magnum from my father. I've experienced its power for a total of five rounds and never felt the need to do so again. My friend fired it once and put it down, saying he was done. Then I discharged the remaining rounds. Done. Everybody at the indoor range backed out of their stall and L@@Ked to see what the hell was making all the noise.

The VOB Mag-Lite, on the other hand, became an instant favorite. 5,000 lumens of pure floody goodness.

~ Chance

Nice combo! Maybe a good set of custom rubber grips for the revolver would help tame some of that beastliness.

Try some reduced 44 mag loads, or go with 44 Special ammo. Nice thump without the pain.

Bill

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728 LastLast