• No belt clip
  • If low turns on at 12:00 med starts @ 2:30 and high is 7:00 and stops
  • Requires two hands to rotate

Click images for larger view (Twisty on right in Beamshot):

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Re: Ra Twisty

What I observed.

1. It appears that the twisty uses the body of the light for current flow which I may not like if dirty threads impact the light (e.g., flickering)

2. When using in the mouth it is a little front heavy (which I think is due to using SS bezel)

3. The switching between low and medium sometimes is a little flaky (i.e., twist travel not always the same). I may be crazy. Tested again I think I am.

4. My medium setting seems bright. I would be amazed if I could get 8hrs runtime.

5. What is the minumum runtime on low? Not stated in manual and can't find it on their website.

All the good as been said already.

Rob

I'll be able to answer #4 in the morning. I'm testing exactly that (MED) as we speak.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ra Twisty part 2

I have some questions about the programming mode (apologies if they have been asked before):

1) When you program in different levels, are the settings stored in non-volatile flash memory? i.e. will the programmed settings remain indefinitely without a battery installed?

2) Does the flashlight light dimly for 2 seconds (reset mode) every time a new battery is installed and the light is without power for more than 60s?

3) Does the light consume power in OFF mode?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Removed pics.

Last edited:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast

couldnt find the answer to this, would appreciate some help

re: http://www.ralights.com/?id=TwistyCustomize

so what are the default levels for a Tw100? table is confusing.

my max lumens is 100, so i guess i use the top table? the default for the Tw100 is 100 lumens, 17 and 0.3 but only 100 matches in the table (level 22). is the 17 lumens level 17 (which is actually 18 lumens)? is the 0.3 lumens level 5 (which is actually 0.28 lumens)? basically im trying to match the default lumens and levels to see if i want to change them.

thanks for anyones help

HDS_Systems

Enlightened

MonkeyBoy,

All setting changes are retained indefinitely. The reset takes place every time the light is without power for 60 seconds. The flashlight consumes so little power when off that the battery self-discharge rate has a greater effect on battery life.

HoopleHead,

In the first table (contains 100 lumens), medium is level 17 and low is level 6. In the second table (contains 120 lumens), medium is level 16 and low is level 5.

By the way, the customization page was just updated and hopefully it will be less confusing. When the tables get reformatted, the medium and low settings will be highlighted to make it clearer.

Henry.

Russki

Enlightened

Henry I got my HDS-120 from BS today. I like it very mach. Shape, design, brightness; everything perfect. Just one little concern: reflector has few ugly scratches, and couple fingerprints, it looks like reflector was pressed inside with thumb or something. I know it is not affect light beam, it just buzzer me a bit, when I look in face of my light. I never have this problem this other HDS lights. Can it be replaced? Thanks for you help.

Maybe I am over reacting?:thinking:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also received my Ra-120-TW today from BS and think that they accidentally shipped me a Ra-140-TW by mistake. LOL!!!!!! Just kidding but I am really impressed with the beam and tint on this baby!!!! Thanks Henry!!!!!! I am now have a dilemma as to whether to EDC my Ra-120 or my Ra-85-TR which I also love. On a side note I noticed that BS shipped the usual excellent 4 cell holder clip but instead of having BS batteries, it had Varta Professional cells in it. I have never seen or heard of these cells but they look pretty cool and are made in Japan.

Paul
:thumbsup:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Recieved extra O-rings, TR70 is back on edc duty! Thx again Henry!:)

Mayo

Russki

Enlightened

Henry, reflector received and successfully replaced.
Thanks for fast response and shipping.
Thumbs up for man, making great product, and standing behind it for customer. :thumbsup:

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

120TW%20marking.jpg

All lights are now being marked on the interior using the following color code:

85 lumens: red
100 lumens: yellow
120 lumens: green

As there are no exterior markings on the flashlight to indicate the output, this will allow anyone to verify the light's calibration setting.
Henry.

Shows 120 marking.

:)

wrencher

Newly Enlightened

I'm confused. Mine is green in side too. I also have red at the first stage. 120Tr. Sn 0184. Any help? thanks
Jeff

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm confused. Mine is green in side too. I also have red at the first stage. 120Tr. Sn 0184. Any help? thanks
Jeff

That is funny? Should be yellow, right? You ordered the 100Tr correct? Maybe green really means the LED is an exceptional 85(100) or an exceptional 100(120).

:shrug:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am pretty sure that you are looking at the circuit board and they are all green. I did not see any additional marks in the picture that would indicate what model the light is.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think that blotch of brighter green on the left is the mark...

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am pretty sure that you are looking at the circuit board and they are all green. I did not see any additional marks in the picture that would indicate what model the light is.

It's outlined, now.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I will never get rid of my twisty's but i see the resale of theses being very confusing:thinking: