General Purpose Rail Adapter sales thread

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
HV2T1098.JPG

This sale is for the aluminum 007 General Purpose Rail Adapter (GPA). The clamps are aluminum. The PEM bolt, thumb nut and lock nut are SS.

Post here in this thread if you want an adapter. There is no per person limit.

I call this a general purpose adapter because it can be used for many different applications. It is a means for you to attach the light to something or something to the light. That "something" is all up to you. It is bare aluminum and I invite people to mod it into what they want.

By itself, the GPA block is great for mounting the 007 on a tripod. However, beyond that, you will have to be the designer and builder of its ultimate use.

The thumb nut is for general use, the lock nut is for use on a bicycle or something that is moving.

COST:
The price of the GPA is $89.00 plus shipping. You can send me a check in the mail or I take PayPal.

SHIPPING:
I charge for the actual shipping cost:

Priority Mail Shipping to all USA locations is $7.00
Priority Mail Shipping to all locations outside the USA is $15.00

PAYPAL:
If you choose to use PayPal there is no additional fee. Please PP your totals to my PP address: [email protected]
If you use PP please make sure they have your address correct!!!! That is the address I will be shipping to.

EMAIL:
If and only if you pay me with a check in the mail, please send me an email. The subject line of the email should be "GP Adapter sale contact information". I require a specific format for personal information that you will need to send me in the email post. Please copy the following line and type over the fields you have information for:

Full Name,Company,Address 1,Address 2,Address 3,City,State,Zip Code,Province,Country,Urbanization,Phone Number,Fax Number,E Mail,Reference Number,CPF Name,

My email is "[email protected]". It is in my sig below. I will email you my address after I get an email from you.

PICS:
HV2T1095.JPG

HV2T1097.JPG

HV2T1094.JPG

HV2T1100.JPG

HV2T1102.JPG

HV2T1103.JPG

For more information check out this thread on the development of the adapter.

HV2T0943s.jpg

IMG_5671.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Olaf_S

Enlightened
Hi Dave,

i`m in for two of these adapters.
PP is coming soon.
Shipping costs $ 15 for both is o.k. ? Or do you need $ 30 ?
Thanks
Greetings
Olaf

Rudi

Enlightened
WOW! Four orders in one week!
Can you cover them from inventory Dave?
What happened to the enthusiasts from the other thread?
They must be waiting for the bottle opener and pen holder.

Seriously though, if it's due to the economy and the financial meltdown, I fear for the future of high-end custom flashlights (except in very small runs) until conditions improve.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! Four orders in one week!
Can you cover them from inventory Dave?
What happened to the enthusiasts from the other thread?
They must be waiting for the bottle opener and pen holder.

Seriously though, if it's due to the economy and the financial meltdown, I fear for the future of high-end custom flashlights (except in very small runs) until conditions improve.

Mike made a few of these GP adapters and they will be here when people get the time to figure out what to do with them. This adapter requires some ingenuity and desire to build something out of it. That may play a role in who will buy it and who will not. A flashlight adapter to hold your light . . . not much of a precedent for that here on CPF.

I am certain that people's minds are on the economy and the holidays right now. Our household has been very careful with our budget too.

Yours and the other GP adapters have shipped out. Please keep an eye out for them! I am VERY curious what you all are going to do with them and I can not wait for pictures! :twothumbs

I am about to put a couple Cree 007's up for sale later today. I decided to do this just in case somebody is looking for a gift.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rudi,

The reflector is the McR-17 XR, it is very deep and so the head of the light is 0.079" longer. That gives a slight visual difference to the 007's overall look. But the light still fits in the custom holders I have, even the horizontal AOH holster.

The deep reflector gives a less wide spill but a powerful hot spot. The light throws really well but its beam pattern is not near as smooth as the Seoul 007. The bezel looks cool on the Cree head because it is so thick to match the smaller diameter reflector.

Cheers
Dave

Rudi

Enlightened
Folks, there's nothing 'mini' about this contraption -- it is 'micro'. If you want a cubic inch of them you need to order five. I received this padded envelop and it felt empty. When I held the thing in hand and looked at it closely my first thought was the picture of Dave hanging from it. What!? No f...g Way! You can do anything with Photoshop.

But you can also do it with clear thinking and good engineering and talented machining and that's what Dave has done. It does everything that I hoped it would, which is to provide a secure 1/4-20 tapped hole for mounting on a tripod's ball head. There is also a much smaller untapped hole (meticulously chamfered of course) which adds an element of enigma. I imagine that it keys to some existing form of attachment. I'll have to tether it in some way so as to keep it handy because it really is that small that it would be hard to locate in a crowded pocket. Like the Spy, despite its expense it is a real bargain at the price, evident in its robust functionality from its many precisely machined surfaces in such a delicate little tool. A jewel of a thing and useful at that. Thanks (again) Dave.

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw one of these and it is well machined as you might well imagine. I'm thinking of what use I may have for it....as Dave said, one has to think of uses for it...:thinking:

Karl

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am certain that people's minds are on the economy and the holidays right now.

Guilty as charged. I've been crazy busy at work and getting ready for the holidays so I have been away from CPF for a while.

That being said, I just found this thread and dropped you a payment for one GP adapter.

Thanks Dave and Mike!!! :wave:

MSax

X_Marine

Enlightened
Guilty as charged. I've been crazy busy at work and getting ready for the holidays so I have been away from CPF for a while.

That being said, I just found this thread and dropped you a payment for one GP adapter.

Thanks Dave and Mike!!! :wave:

MSax
Bofus.. lol
I've had this window along with about 6 others open for days.. :thinking:

Lets see, that was a dollar, 2, 98.. brb..
K, pp sent fer 2 and a bit of Ti.

Safe Happy Holidays
party.gif

X/BillyD..

X_Marine

Enlightened
Well in anticipation of my GPRA I got to thinking of all the different locations I could use direct variable light. I think the bedpost was first for reading and seems I'm always working on something late at night in the bedroom. But of course any workbench and for me near my sink in the shop where I trim my beard and always need some light from down low. Well the list is endless.

Some of our google wizards need to find us the best price on what I found to be called a Hanger Bolt, huh I just thought it was a Cross Dressing Stud.. :ohgeez:

Seriously these can be very handy for us and we might want to even consider a group purchase. At the hardware I'll guess it's 2 for $2.99 or a box of a hundred at a supplier for $3.95.

Anyway just a thought for those with or waiting on their GpRa's.. :tinfoil:

Hanger_bolt.gif
This one is a little long but you get the idea. And they come without the bare area. I'm thinking about 1" ot 1.25".

If this has already been brought up, then just slap me.. :nana:
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Are you suggesting that you would leave those hangar bolts installed and just sticking out of walls, bed posts, bathroom fixtures, etc? This sounds like an accident just waiting to happen. Somehow I don't see the wife being too happy with this one....

X_Marine

Enlightened
Well no wife to be concerned, and I'm a little to cautious to leave in an area that might get hit. The one I have in mind would only leave 5/16-3/8" protruding and would mostly be in less than conspicuous locations. The bed post for example would serve best mounted on the inside slightly pointing back, so the aim would be toward aprox center of foot board and would be adjustable up and down by turning a little on threads.

The pointed end would be buried deep in wood or whatever, and the short stud end can easily be burnished smooth and wear a crown nut if you like or one of the many rubber ends we get on most electronic gear today.

Certainly much less harm factor than a door knob. :tinfoil:
I guess a pic is in order after my GpRa arrives.

Hope that helps.
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif