• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Orders - Programmable Hotwire Regulated Driver drop-in for D-M@g

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the ordering and sales thread...

DSC_1066.JPG

Above is the first article Regulator SN001 that LuxLuthor Reviewed (see link below)

The regulator that we are shipping has mostly surface mount parts so is not quite as crowded as the above unit

Dropin PHD-MD (Programmable Hotwire Driver for the Maglite D)

Thread Table of Contents

1. Introduction (This Posting)
2. Order Status List
3. Model Order
4. Configuration Program Instructions
5. Reserved
6. Ordering/Sales thread begins

Programmable Hotwire Regulator Ordering Information

This Order/Sales thread is for the Programmable Hotwire Regulator shown above. Features and Specifications are in related threads, see links below.

In this thread we convert the Feeler list into an order list. Choose your parameters and features and commit to ordering quantities. The order of production will follow the Feeler list. New parties may also order, they will go at the end. Do not pay until directed to do so. Realistically significant quantity production deliveries will probably start in early July as June is already very busy on other work. If you wish to cancel and be dropped from the list please post here or send a PM or email.

Programming the Regulator requires both the Programming Adapter and the USB Programmer. The Adapter brings out the programming socket and provides a pushbutton for testing the flashlight program. The USB Programmer interfaces to the computer. The Programmer is available from multiple sources for about $35 plus shipping, I include it here for those customers who want the convenience of one order. Buying the programmer from me costs a bit more since I have to re-ship and repackage it, and I need to pay my kids something for the effort plus the PayPal fees. Only one Programming Adapter and USB Programmer are required for many regulators, it is removed once programming is completed. For more information on available programmers and purchasing them see the Programming thread linked below.

New Semi-Kit - In this configuration the regulator PC board is built (but not tested), and provided with the aluminum sled, switch pcb and parts, and regulator board mounting hardware. You add your socket and socket spacers and assemble the switch pcb and do the final assembly and programming on the unit. A USB programmer and programming adapter will be required, as well as a dc meter for calibration. Refer to article 4 in the discussion thread for Semi-kit assembly notes before ordering. This kit is for advanced builders who can deal with the tight spaces and small through-hole soldering required.

The New Semi-Kit-Plus is the above Semi-Kit with the addition that we test and program the regulator board. You still need to solder the switch pc board and assemble the regulator board with your socket into the sled. Assembly is the same as the Semi-Kit however Testing and Calibration is not required. This kit is for advanced builders.

If you have questions, visit the Discussion thread and check the FAQ and documentation there, as well questions asked by others. This thread is for orders.

Discussion goes here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231656

Price List

Payment will be via PayPal to sales at akbeng dot com unless otherwise arranged. Prices subject to change.

Drop-in Regulator (Assembled, Tested, Programmed and Calibrated) (includes basic socket and switch assembly): 97$
- Install User Supplied Socket: no charge, must be provided prior to final assembly

Standard Socket: (included in base price)
Kiu Socket upgrade (subject to availability, may cause delays): 10$
- if you provide us the Kiu socket there is no charge for installing it
Spare Pushbutton switch assembly: 9$

Programming Service: 9$ (return the regulator for reprogramming and recalibration, plus shipping)

Drop-in Regulator Semi-Kit (Assembled Regulator board (untested), switch board kit, aluminum sled and pcb mounting screws): 80$

Programming Adapter Assembled: 12$
- (only required if reprogramming the regulator, one adapter handles any number of regulators, USB programmer also required)
Programming Adapter Kit (pcb and parts): 8$

Two programmers are now available. They are both USB. The Mini USB programmer is very small, and has no housing. The Atmel programmer is much larger and has a plastic housing. They both do the job well. I expect to stock a few of the mini programmers but the Atmel unit will be ordered as needed. Both units include USB and ISP cables. To program any number of Regulators one programmer and one programming adapter are required.

Mini USB Programmer: 25$
- 13x15x35mm
- compatible with AVR Studio and AVRDude programming software
- compatible with phdConfig.py, the new Regulator configuration software
- ships free with regulator order

Atmel USB Programmer: 45$
- 28x57x74mm
- compatible with AVR Studio and AVRDude programming software
- compatible with phdConfig.py, the new Regulator configuration software
- (available directly from various suppliers, nonstock item, may delay order)
- (one can program any number of regulators and other AVR projects)
- additional shipping required for this programmer

Shipping without Atmel USB programmer
- USA Shipping: 7$ per 1-2 regulators, $9 per 3-5 regulators
- Foreign Shipping: 19$ per 1-3 regulators

Shipping with Atmel USB programmer
- USA Shipping w/ Programmer: 19$ (up to 3 regulators can ship with it)
- Foreign Shipping w/ Programmer: 29$ (up to 2 regulators can ship with it)

Repair Service: <tbd>$

- On orders delivered to California addresses we must collect 8.25% sales tax - add this to your payment

- Note that $1 from each Regulator purchase will go to CPF, and Nanomiser will get 2 Regulators for his excellent Solid Modelling effort.

Related Threads

Review by LuxLuthor:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=230519

Discussion, Documentation and FAQ:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231656

Feeler:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=218506

Advanced - Programming the Regulator:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=231685

Design Collaboration Part I:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=186291

Design Collaboration Part II:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=209098

Design Collaboration Part III:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=220475

Last edited:

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regulator Order Status List (master list)

I am freezing this post as of 5/2/2010, the updates will be to an easier to maintain website:

www.HotWireDriver.com

================= reference material below =================

Production and Shipments have started (July 2009).

Payment order will determine shipping order within the wave.
Confirmed orders will list posting number here.

Production Waves

I will make the regulators in production waves of about ten units.
This is all hand assembled, tested and calibrated, so it will take some time to work through the que.

I will pull the orders from the group lists below up to the production wave as I am about to start them.
Orders in Production Waves may be paid if you know the correct payment amount. Any questions -- ask.
Order questions to this thread, PM or email.

If an order is not confirmed with parameters, paid, and any sockets received when I get to it - it will be passed by until it is ready.

Wave #1 (July)
Roland 1, finally arrived!
LuxLuthor 5, received
donn_ 2 post 22, received

Wave #2 (August)
Starlight 3, post 18, paid 6/13, shipped 8/13, received
BSBG 3, post 67/105; paid 7/11, shipped 8/24, received
cnjl3 1, post 33, paid 7/15, shipped 8/24, received

Wave #3
sylathnie 2, post 77, osram skts, mupg, pga, spare, paid 7/12 & 8/29, SN116, 118 shipped 8/31
andygillis 1, post 60, osram skt, pgak, paid 7/18, SN117 shipped 8/31
ANDREAS FERRARI 2, post 7,193, paid 8/3, SN119, 120 shipped 8/31
LED Astray 2 in post #61, sockets arrived, paid 8/23, SN121, 122 shipped 8/31
william lafferty 1, kiu, specs in pm, paid 8/29, SN123 shipped 8/31

Wave #4
Nanomiser 1+1 post 54, 1 kiu socket rcvd, shipped
KiwiMark 2 post 6, shipped
Drywolf 1+1kit post 94, shipped
Iliger 2 posts 20,68,103 & pm 7/21, 8/02, 2 kiu sockets rcvd, ship to Modamag, shipped

Shipped through here (unless otherwise noted)

----

======= orders above should confirm, select parameters and may PayPal now ======

rolltide 1 post 59 ($due)
SR.GRINGO 2 post 47 ($due)

Order Interest Groups

Based on original interest feeler thread.

Group #1
LED Astray 2 in post #61 (delay to wave 3) shipped 2 in wave 3
Roland 2 post 79, 1 in wave 1, 1 later, shipped 1
donn_ 3, post 22, 2 in wave 1, 1 in wave 10, shipped 2
LuxLuthor 5, post 53, 4-5 in group 10, shipped 5

Group #2
cnjl3 1 post 33, shipped
Lips 2 ??
BSBG 3-4 post 105, shipped
Starlight 3, post 18, shipped

Group #3
william lafferty 2, shipped
sylathnie 3 - 1 now, (2 HV later?) post 77, shipped 2
andygillis 1 post 60, shipped
ANDREAS FERRARI 2 post 7, shipped
Bullet Bob 1-2 ??

Group #4
KiwiMark 2 post 6
rolltide 1 post 59
Drywolf 1-2 post 94
Iliger 2 posts 20,68,103 & pm 7/21, 8/02, 2 kiu sockets rcvd, ship to Modamag
Nanomiser 2 post 54, 1 kiu socket rcvd
SR.GRINGO 2 post 47

Group #5
nailbender 2
SafetyBob 2
Cancerlad 1
Sober 1
Benson 1
AMD64Blondie 1
paulvw 1-2

Group #6
Anglepoise 1
QtrHorse 1-2
Brett80 1
ss2nv 2-3
Oli.Hall 1
Data 2

Group #7
DeLighted 1
Joe_torch 1-2
syzygy 1
digitalpete 1 (email)
gswitter 1-2
DocD 1
petfulton 1-2

Group #8
mrQQ 1 high voltage
LIGHTSMAD 1
KSC001 1
PhantomPhoton 1
moraino 1-2 (pm)
thefire 2 (pm)
Raol Duke 1-2

Group #9
niner 1-2
Charon 2-4 post 48
Nick 1 (offnet)
nitere 2

Group #10
donn_ 3
jaundice 1 post 199
luxluthor 4 (from group 1)
kiwimark 2

Group #11
BugusLightus 2
X Marine 2
Popsiclestix 1, post 310
Hord 1, post 319
hammockjockey 1, post 320
dan1million 1 w prog, post 321

This production run will be for a bit over 100 regulators. Further production is possible.

Discussion on kits started in post 402 of the Feeler thread. I have some through-hole boards and parts that I may offer as kits. These would be advanced kits in that the assembly instructions would be minimal. The interest is recorded here.

Kit Interest List Summary:

milkyspit: some prototypes for non M@g apps
niner: 2 kits post #63 (plan to convert them to hv)
Benson: kit, 1-2 non-mag prototypes
CancerLad: 1 kit post #49
^^Nova^^: prototype board

updated through post #77 of this thread

Please bring any errors or omissions to my attention

Last edited:

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Model Order

Copy the section below for each Regulator you are ordering. If your requirements change, edit your posting. If you are unsure about some features or parameters put <tbd> there until you have resolved it.

Order:
- Quantity of Regulators: <total>
-- Standard Model Regulator:
-- Standard Model Regulator Kit:
- Quantity of User Supplied Sockets:
- Quantity of Kiu Socket Upgrades (limited availability):
- Quantity of Programming Adapters: <limit 1 per regulator>
- Quantity of Spare Control Buttons: <limit 1 spare per regulator>
- Quantity and type of USB Programmers: <limit one per order>
- Sales Tax: <california addresses only - 8.25%>
- Shipping:

Payment (do not pay until directed):
- Total Amount:
- Paid via PayPal on (date)
- make sure to include your CPF Id and posting number in this thread in your PayPal

Copy the section below for each assembled regulator ordered. Kit orders are not preprogrammed so do not require this:

Or, Better Yet, run the Config program and send me the file(s). See Post #4 below for details.

Regulator Number (for each regulator in multi-regulator orders):

Bulb Data:
- Bulb Type (manufacturer, model):
-- Note that if the bulb information is given, and the voltages are not specified, we will use the default values for this bulb.
- Reflector diameter and type:
- Bulb spacer height required:
-- 9/16 standard for WA1185 in 2" reflectors
-- 10mm works for OS64623 in 2.5 and 3" reflectors
- Maximum Bulb Voltage (RMS full output) (optional):
- Minimum Bulb Voltage (RMS fully dimmed) (optional):
-- note that even in a single level light this value is used to determine when the light shuts down
-- the light will dim when battery protection or first stage overtemperature protections kick in
-- suggest 1/5 of full voltage
- Locked Out Basic flashlight Bulb Voltage (RMS) (optional):
-- suggest 1/3 of full voltage

Battery Management: (will compute from Chemistry, Ncells if not specified)
- Battery Chemistry: (LiCo, LiMn, LiFe, NiMh)
- Number of Cells:
Note that if the voltages are not given we will use the default values for the battery chemistry and number of cells specified.
- Maximum Battery Voltage: (optional)
- Nominal Battery Voltage: (optional)
- Minimum Battery Voltage: (optional)
- Shutdown type A,B,C,D (if minimum not selected, this computes it from battery characteristics)
- A: (Ncells-1) * CellNomV + CellMinV (conservative, early shutdown)
- B: Ncells * CellEndV (conservative, slightly early shutdown)
- C: (Ncells-1) * CellEndV + CellMinV (default, generally a good choice)
- D: Ncells * CellMinV (late shutdown)

Socket:
Basic, User Provided, KIU upgrade (specify):

Other Features: (indicate if NOT wanted or specify value)

At least one mode must be selected, two or all three may be. Quadclick rotates between modes.
- OneLevel Mode (yes/no)
- VariLevel Mode (yes/no)
-- VariLevel ramps in tiny steps appearing continuous, (yes/no)
-- alternates up/down with press while on
- MultiLevel Mode (yes/no)
-- MultiLevel ramps in even voltage steps between low and high voltages
-- Number of levels in MultiLevel Mode (3..7) <default 5>

- Off-Click turns on to Memory Level or Max (choose, default is Memory)
- Double click to Max Voltage (yes/no)
- Press from off to Min voltage (yes/no)
- Triple click to Mid Voltage (yes/no)
-- (halfway between minimum and maximum voltage)
- Clicks to engage Lockout/Stealth SuperMode (3..10,None)
- Choose Lockout, Stealth or Neither SuperModes: (which?)
--(Stealth clicks on/off to a fixed output level while locked out)
- Fast Soft Start: (100-500 mS or Slow, 200mS default, slow is up to 1000mS)
- Temperature Brightness Reduction at: 50C
-- (shutdown takes place approx 10C hotter)
- No Activity Shutdown Timer in Minutes: <specify number or NOT>

Last edited:

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Configuration Program Quick Instructions

The best way to choose the configuration for your regulator is to download the config program, run it, select the options and email me the resulting configuration file.

This should work on most any platform as long as it has Python 2.6 (maybe also 2.5) and Python-tk (usually part of Python). It has been run on windows and linux and should also be fine on the Mac. The python distribution for Windows includes the Tk part already, so it is a single download and install.

http://www.python.org for Python (also available from other places)(Get version 2.6.x)

The config software is available on my website, grab the phdConfig-Rxxxx.zip file with the largest value in xxxx (the release number):

http://www.akbeng.com/flash/hwreg/config Alan's website with the program and a number of example configurations.

Unzip the zipfile into a new or clean directory. Double click on phdConfig.py to run the program (may require more to run on some platforms).

The Configuration program should come up and present a graphical user interface. Two windows will open, one is the message window the other the graphical interface. Position them so the messages in the scrolling message window can be viewed as the interface is manipulated. Detailed messages about what is happening or what problems there are in the selections are posted to the scrolling window.

You can browse through the sample configurations with the pulldown Config menu or with the Config Name spinbox.

When you are creating a config type a name into the Config Name spinbox. This name will be used to create the files. Use a name related to your CPF username with some extra characters or numbers to indicate which regulator this is. Make all the selections as desired and click Save on the menu. This will create a <configname>.cfg file that you can email to me. It also creates a customized manual for your regulator that you should review called <configname>.txt.

When making selections work from left to right, top to bottom. So go down the left column first, then the middle, then the right. Some selections will over-write those below them, such as bulb selection will over-write the voltages below it. So you must over-ride the bulb default settings after setting the bulb. If you change the bulb your settings will be over-written with standard data again.

Note that the compile and program menu items on the config program require more software installed to function correctly. They are not required to generate config files. Only the Save menu item is required for that.

To actually program a regulator requires a few more things. The WinAVR software must be downloaded and installed. This includes the compiler and the programmer interface software.

An AVR ISP programmer of some type is also required. There are many available, some from me and many from other places. USB is probably the preferred interface type these days. The phdConfig.py program is set up to talk to several different types of programmer, so it is best to stick with one already configured. There are more detailed instructions in the config program zipfile. Start with the READme.txt. These instructions are being updated so get the latest version.

More detailed instructions for this program can be found in the next posting.

Questions about the configuration should be posted either here or in the programming thread, or emailed or PM'd to me.

Last edited:

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Programmable Hotwire Driver Configuration Program Manual

This manual has been moved to the programming thread, posting #5

Last edited:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have already bought an Elephant II body & a 3" Head & 8 x IMR 18650 cells - I just need this driver and my super torch is finished!
I think I'll stretch the budget to 2 regulators, since I will have the USB programmer & adaptor anyway.

Order:
- Quantity of Regulators: 2
-- Standard Model Regulator: 2
- Quantity of Osram Socket Upgrades: 0
- Quantity of User Supplied Sockets: 2
- Quantity of Programming Adapters: 1
- Quantity of USB Programmers: 1
- Shipping: Overseas

Regulators 2 x $97 = $194
Programming adaptor $12
Mini USB Programmer $25
2 x Kiu Sockets 2 x $10 = $20
Overseas Shipping on above = $19
- Total Amount: $270
- Paid via PayPal on (date):
- make sure to include your CPF Id and posting number in this thread in your PayPal

Regulator Number (for each regulator in multi-regulator orders): 1

Regulator Model: (standard)

Bulb Data:
Bulb Type (manufacturer, model): Osram 64430
Maximum Bulb Voltage (RMS full output): 10.0 V
Minimum Bulb Voltage (RMS fully dimmed): 3 V

Battery Management:
- Battery Chemistry: Li-ion
- Number of Cells: 3

Socket: Kiu

Other Features:
Temperature Shutdown at 60C, quad click to change between all 3 modes.
Basic mode flashlight in lockout.

Regulator Number
(for each regulator in multi-regulator orders): 1

Bulb Data:
Bulb Type (manufacturer, model): Osram 64458
Maximum Bulb Voltage (RMS full output): 20.2 V
Minimum Bulb Voltage (RMS fully dimmed): 4 V

Battery Management:
- Battery Chemistry: IMR
- Number of Cells: 8

Socket: Kiu

Other Features: Temperature Shutdown at 60C, quad click to change between all 3 modes.

Last edited:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my hotwire bulbs are Osram with the same sized pins - does that make the Osram socket the best choice?

I'm not too clear on this as well.I'll be buying 2 drivers-one to build a"623 and the other will be using a 64430.Also,do I need to buy both the programming adapter and the programmer if I want to reprogram at a later time?

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not too clear on this as well.I'll be buying 2 drivers-one to build a"623 and the other will be using a 64430.Also,do I need to buy both the programming adapter and the programmer if I want to reprogram at a later time?

Yes. The Programming Adapter is the board that reaches into the Sled and brings out the programming socket. It also has a switch for testing.

The USB programmer is the actual programmer that provides the USB interface and does the timing of the signals.

One Adapter and USB Programmer will program many regulators.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my hotwire bulbs are Osram with the same sized pins - does that make the Osram socket the best choice?

Read LuxLuthor's review of the Osram vs Kiu socket. The basic socket has not been fully tested yet. The Kiu socket holds the pins better than the Osram. The Osram has better looking ceramic, but the value of that is not clear.

mrQQ

Enlightened
Hello,

I'd like to update my wish: instead of 2 standard regulators, I'd like 1 high voltage regulator, whenever it will be available.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would like a pre-set regulator at 3%-10%-40%-100% for a 3D MAG85 with 9AA eneloops

At the moment the user interface is variable rather than pre-set. At some point we may do pre-sets, but it is not done now. You could work on the software yourself with this regulator.

My test-light is a 3D mag with 9 Eneloops and a WA1185. I have set it down as low as 1.5V. My preferred low setting is 2.0V which is about 25x less power than full. At 2.0V the light output is a few lumens and it makes a great night-time walking around light. The user interface provides direct access to four levels: Full Voltage, Mid Voltage, Low Voltage, and Memory Level. You can ramp the memory to any voltage level. Selecting any of the other three fixed levels DOES NOT affect the memory. Only ramping affects the memory, so you can retain access to all those levels without losing the memory level.

Incidentally, it would be easy to set up some multi-click levels to go to specific voltages. That only takes a few lines of code and there are already several examples of that in the code, such as double click to full, triple click to mid. You could set up quad click, etc, to do what you want.\

Setting up the interface to ramp between multiple fixed levels is a bit more effort than the multi-click. It can of course be done, but would take more time. I'm not planning to work on that just yet. First I have to build these!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Read LuxLuthor's review of the Osram vs Kiu socket. The basic socket has not been fully tested yet. The Kiu socket holds the pins better than the Osram. The Osram has better looking ceramic, but the value of that is not clear.

Taking them apart really sold me on KIU's. I tried finding various springs (from BIC pens, cutting sections) to mimick that feature, but it won't work right. The Osram sockets are perfectly fine for the larger Osram bulbs, but do not grip the G-4 (WA) types.

I plan on sending you a bunch of KIU sockets to use on mine. Maybe I can donate some extra to the cause.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taking them apart really sold me on KIU's. I tried finding various springs (from BIC pens, cutting sections) to mimick that feature, but it won't work right. The Osram sockets are perfectly fine for the larger Osram bulbs, but do not grip the G-4 (WA) types.

I plan on sending you a bunch of KIU sockets to use on mine. Maybe I can donate some extra to the cause.

I would prefer the KIU socket - I have 2 AW switches with KIU sockets and they work really well. But to order in a KIU socket and pay international freight then send it to Alan B and pay international freight again would add a lot of extra cost.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would prefer the KIU socket - I have 2 AW switches with KIU sockets and they work really well. But to order in a KIU socket and pay international freight then send it to Alan B and pay international freight again would add a lot of extra cost.

Perhaps you can order from Kiu and have him ship them to me directly. Kiu will not sell sockets in quantity to me, so we have to resort to other techniques. If anyone can identify another good socket, that would be great also.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps you can order from Kiu and have him ship them to me directly. Kiu will not sell sockets in quantity to me, so we have to resort to other techniques. If anyone can identify another good socket, that would be great also.

If you gave me one of Lux's spare Kiu sockets could you charge me $5 or $10 more (or however much is fair) and Lux the same amount less? I know Lux mentioned donating some extra to the cause, but really it would be fairer for him to save a few bucks on his order if he is supplying some spare sockets for others.

Starlight

Enlightened
Order:
- Quantity of Regulators: 3
-- Standard Model Regulator: 3
- Quantity of User Supplied Sockets: 3
- Quantity of Programming Adapters: 1
- Quantity of USB Programmers: 1
- Spare pushbutton switch assembly: 1
- Shipping for Programming Adapter: $5
- Shipping: $9

- Total Amount: $365
- Paid via PayPal on 6/13/09

Regulator Number: 1

Bulb Data:
Bulb Type (manufacturer, model): WA 1185
Maximum Bulb Voltage (RMS full output): 11.2v
Minimum Bulb Voltage (RMS fully dimmed): 3.0v

Battery Management:
- Maximum Battery Voltage: 18.0v
- Nominal Battery Voltage: 14.4v
- Minimum Battery Voltage: 11.2v

Socket:
User Provided (specify): KIU

Other Features:
Varilevel mode
Click to Memory Level
Double click to Max Voltage
Press from off to Min voltage
Press from on to Ramp - alternates up/down
Triple click to Mid Voltage ---NOT
Four clicks to one level mode
Five clicks to lock out mode---NOT
FastSoft Start - about 500mS
Temperature Blink at: 50C (shutdown takes place approx 10C hotter)
No Activity Shutdown Timer in Minutes: NOT

Regulator Numbers: 2 & 3

Bulb Data:
Bulb Type (manufacturer, model): Osram 62138
Maximum Bulb Voltage (RMS full output): 13.5v
Minimum Bulb Voltage (RMS fully dimmed): 4.0v

Battery Management:
- Maximum Battery Voltage: 16.8v
- Nominal Battery Voltage: 14.8v
- Minimum Battery Voltage: 13.2v

Socket:

Other Features:
Varilevel mode
Click to Memory Level
Triple click to Mid Voltage ---NOT
Four clicks to one level mode
Five clicks to Lockout---NOT
FastSoft Start - about 500mS
Temperature Blink at: 50C (shutdown takes place approx 10C hotter)
No Activity Shutdown Timer in Minutes: 30 minutes

Last edited:

niner

Enlightened
Alan, what's the ETA for the kits? I really need the high voltage capability, so the kit form would be better for me anyway. I'm ready to get a couple of kits.

Iliger

Newly Enlightened
Order:
- Quantity of Regulators: 1
-- Standard Model Regulator: 1
- Quantity of User Supplied Sockets: 1
- International shipping: ?

- Total Amount: ?

Bulb Data:
Bulb Type (manufacturer, model): Osram 64447 IRC
Maximum Bulb Voltage (RMS full output): 19v
Minimum Bulb Voltage (RMS fully dimmed): ?

Battery Management: 6S IMR
- Maximum Battery Voltage: 25.2v
- Nominal Battery Voltage: 22.2v
- Minimum Battery Voltage: 18v

Socket:

Other Features:
Click to Memory Level
Triple click to Mid Voltage (halfway between minimum and maximum voltage)
Five clicks to Lockout
Fast Soft Start
Temperature Shutdown at 60C