cell phones

snuffy

Enlightened
I've got a couple of 3 year old Nokia 5185, still on the original batteries. This is a "plain jane" phone without any bells & whistles. Both are working fine, no complaints at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have Nokia 3360 with a new 1200mAh Li-Ion battery that I WILL NOT LET GO OF!!!

We just got my Sister a new 5182 or something like that and she loves it. Especially the blue screen and buttons!

I am a Nokia FREAK!!!

zmoz

Enlightened
Sanyo SCP 8100 camera phone...just got it and I LOVE it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Just last month I replaced my 5 year old Nokia 5120 that was functioning very erractically with a new LG model VX10. My very cheap cell plan doesn't allow me to use the text messaging, email, and web browsing features of the phone. The compact size, scheduler, address book, and calculator features are the reasons I chose it, along with the larger-than-normal keys and simplified function buttons.
5_angle.jpg

K A

Enlightened
I have a prepaid Nokia 5165 using Tracfone. yahyah Tracfone sucks but its cheaper than any other plan out there since I only use it a couple minutes a month.

2dogs

Enlightened
Motorola i700 (Nextel)----me
" i85 " ----su
Nokia 6120? (Verizon)---9yo daughter

BTW does anyone know about the Motorola i750 from Nextel? Is it just a phone or is it also a radio? The local Nextel dealer can't tell me anything about the phones they display, much less one in a catalog. Lousy service.

iddibhai

Enlightened
kyocera 2345 for sprint. they quickly discontinued it for some technical reason as later sets proved troublesome. i got the very very early batch, so it's good.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
2dogs said:
Motorola i700 (Nextel)----me
" i85 " ----su
Nokia 6120? (Verizon)---9yo daughter

BTW does anyone know about the Motorola i750 from Nextel? Is it just a phone or is it also a radio? The local Nextel dealer can't tell me anything about the phones they display, much less one in a catalog. Lousy service.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe all the Nextel phones have the radio feature. I have the Nextel i60. Nextel sucks BTW. I can't wait until other cell phone companies have the radio feature.

2dogs

Enlightened
Thanks Tree. I know about the 2-way feature as I'm a Nextel subscriber, but the i750 is a very different phone that may have a radio feature built in as well.
Nextel has the worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. Their warranties are worthless. My phones are less then 9 months old and both have an audio problem, different problems but similar. The dealer has several employees-all new. None knew how to down load the data in my phone into a loaner phone. They had the hardware and software but no one knew how to use it. They hadn't been trained on it. I have to pay $50.00 per phone to have it repaired under warranty PLUS I have to pay $5.00 per day for a loaner phone. Yesterday I spent over 2 hours at the dealer trying to get the loaner phones programmed while two different employees called the Nextel help line and went through a step by step with them.
Nextel said the warranty doesn't cover water damage. I said i have ever dropped either phone in water. They said water damage is any corrosion such as might occure when the phone is dropped in water, or used or carried in the rain, or carried in a humid environment. BS!!!
Nextel coverage in my area is fine and the 2-way feature is great. I have a Verizon phone for traveling. Arizona and Utah have almost no Nextel coverage and Nextel phones don't roam like others do. They are great when they work.

shrap

Enlightened
Startac 7868. Love the holster and flip phone size.

I had a Motorola V120, and I thought it was lousy. Volume not loud enough to hear anything. Too large and difficult to carry. Can't read the screen in varying conditions.

I've had older Nokias, love their software. I tend to shy away from extraneous features, and the newest generation of cell phones seem to be packed full of worthless software and gadgets.

guncollector

Enlightened
Between work and personal, I own and use a lot of different phones.

My primary EDC phone at this moment is a tri-band Nokia 3650 (GSM 900/1800/1900), great because of the large screen and built-in 640x480 digital camera.

Also, when travelling I often carry a Siemens S46 because of its Multi-Band (GSM 900/1900 & TDMA [aka "Digital"] 800/1900) capability.

My Palm Tungsten W also has tri-band GSM phone capability, but I don't use that often because it works only with a headset.

Work also has provided me in with a like new Nokia 7210, a tri-band GSM beauty. Color-screen, speakerphone, wap browser, great RF, FM radio built in, tiny form factor, etc. While I love it, I think I'm covered in the GSM phone dept., so its for sale in the B/S/T.

Other phones I'll use on occasion, is a Ericsson R520m and/or Ericsson T39mc--both tri-band GSM golden oldies.

All my GSM phones are unlocked (i.e. can use any service provider's GSM SIM card). And my primary service provider is AT&T Wireless. When travelling I've used on occasion, Cingular, Swisscom, and Orange.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/5125/1,1162,,00.html

ph_5125_phd.jpg

Grey faceplate, basic, tough, long battery life (NiMH), has SMS texting and limited email.

I live in a *very* low signal area and this phone is unacceptable at home with its fixed antenna. My sister's older analog Nokia is better.

When this one dies, I'll replace it with a phone/camera, 1.3 megapixels or better. Probably won't happen for 3 years or so. I use it primarily as an EDC safety phone. I use Rogers AT&T (Canada) Pay-As-You-Go cards which cost me C$ 10 each (US$ 7.20) a month. Right now, I have about C$ 100 on my account -- I think Rogers hates me :)

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm sorry... did someone say that their 9 year old daughter had a cell phone?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif I must be getting old... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif My daughter didn't get a cell phone until she had a job and could pay her own bill. And at 9 years old, my daughter wasn't off somewhere without me where there wasn't a regular house phone or another adult with a cell phone. Like I said... I must be getting old... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif