Leatherman Micra Sleeve fits Squirt, or 1xAA cell, or 2xAAA cells

EssLight

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a sleeve to fit a Leatherman Squirt P4. On the P4, with the exposed edge of the file on one side, it can really chew things up in a pocket. I found that Leatherman makes a sleeve for the Micra, I decided to see if it would fit the Squirt. The Micra sleeve does fit the Squirt, the fit is very snug. I'm not sure what the durability of the sleeve will be, with such a tight fit. But the sleeve is cheap enough that it would not bother me to need to replace it every few months.

I've also found that the Micra sleeve is a good fit for a single AA battery, or a pair of AAA batteries. So it's a cheap, convenient way to carry batteries in a pocket without risk of shorting or abrasion. Of course, the sleeve is not waterproof like a pill or match case, which limits it a bit.

The sleeve is too short to fit a 1xAAA light.

The model number for the sleeve is 930902, just Google Leatherman 930902 and you can find it at a bunch of vendors. At Outdoor Pros, it is only $1.10. Here is a listing at Amazon, for $1.41. The problem is, all these places charge quite a bit for shipping. I bought mine from Lighthound, his price is $3.99, but the first class shipping was much less than other places. And I got a free keychain light out of it. (Hmm, I now see it is out of stock at Lighthound -- did I buy the last one?? Edit: Back in stock at Lighthound as of 9-6-09)

EssLight

(clicking on any image will take you to a larger version at flickr)

Micra Sleeve with Leatherman Squirt P4:

Micra Sleeve with 1xAA battery and with 2xAAA batteries

Last edited:

znaps

Newly Enlightened
The Micra sleeve is intended for the Micra only. It is much too snug for any of the Squirts, which are a bit thicker. Leatherman does offer a Squirt sleeve, same price.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've got a couple of those micra sleeves from Lighthound. Excellent product. Really makes a huge difference in keeping pocket lint and rust from getting on the Micra.

__philippe

Enlightened
BTW,

AW's tiny natural leather pouches designed to hold JIL lights snugly happen to fit perfectly the Leatherman Squirts tools.

PICT0499.jpg

Check AW's offer here:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=112729&highlight=leather+sheath

Cheers,

__philippe

EssLight

Newly Enlightened
The Micra sleeve is intended for the Micra only. It is much too snug for any of the Squirts, which are a bit thicker. Leatherman does offer a Squirt sleeve, same price.

Um, I don't see a Squirt sleeve at the Leatherman site or at store.leatherman.com. Do you have a model number for it?

BTW,

AW's tiny natural leather pouches designed to hold JIL lights snugly happen to fit perfectly the Leatherman Squirts tools.

Yes, I saw those, very nice looking. I didn't need a velcro flap or keychain attachment, though.

Last edited:

znaps

Newly Enlightened

Haz

Enlightened
So are there actually two different size sleeves, or the same sleeves sold under two difference names?.

znaps

Newly Enlightened
So are there actually two different size sleeves, or the same sleeves sold under two difference names?.

Different sizes, I believe. My wife's Squirt does not fit into my Micra sheath. But I still don't know why they show up on a vendor web site as different products, each with its own product number, but not on the Leatherman site. I sent them an email about this, now awaiting reply.

znaps

Newly Enlightened
Got a response from Leatherman, copied and pasted as follows:

Thank you for contacting us. We used to have a sleeve for the Squirt, but we don't offer that one anymore. However, the sheath for the Mini tool works really well for the Squirt tool.

http://store.leatherman.com/shop/shop.aspx?category=14

Mini-Tool Sheath

Mini-Tool Sheath
The Mini-Tool sheath is made with sturdy ballistic nylon; Velcro closure.

Unit Price:$5.00
Quantity: * *

neillcurrie

Newly Enlightened
I use electrical heat-shrink tubing to make very close form-fitting sheaths for my Leathermen Micras, Squirts and SAK's. Works great. Batteries would be no problem either.