Hotlips-C and D heatsinks. ALL AVAILABLE

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
MEET THE FAMILY:
-----------------------
Hotlips-D NEXGEN:
This is a version 3 of the popular original Hotlips heatsink. Fits the ~34mm OAD (Ontario Aluminium) body snugly. Note the chunkier lips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hotlips-C NEXGEN:
This is the version 3 heatsink for a NEWER C-sized OA, ie OAC, with serial # starting with C. The OD of the heatsink is ~26mm. The bottom recess is large enough to fit the Ecan (available from the Shoppe) comfortably.

Sleeve:
The Sleeve will take the ~26mm diam Hotlips-C to ~28mm to fit snugly into older OACs.
*** This item is no longer offered for sale. Instead it will be given away for free and included with your order if you specify that you have an older OAC. You will most likely need to freeze/heat the Hotlips-C and Sleeve combination to make the complete heatsink for your older OACs. Available whilst stocks last.

FORMAT:
-----------------------
Hotlips-D and Hotlips-C will also be available in Configuration #3 and Configuration #5. Config #3 being the LuxeonIII mating (LuxIII epoxied to the Hotlips) and Config #5 being the LuxeonV mating (LuxV epoxied to the Hotlips).

LuxeonBinningColourChart.gif

COST:
-----------------------
<ul type="square">
[*]Hotlips-D is $14 ea.
[*]Hotlips-C is $14 ea.
[*]The Sleeve is $2 ea. *** The Sleeves are now free with your Hotlips-C NEXGEN ***
[*]Hotlips-C or Hotlips-D Config #3 (Luxeon III, current bin is TX1K) is $32 ea.
[*]Hotlips-C or Hotlips-D Config #5 (Luxeon V, current bin is VX1T) is $49 ea.
[/list]
Postage is $6 for up to a total of 6 Hotlips to North America. $7.00 to the UK and EU. A$5 in Australia.

If you want insurance, please add $5 for insured value to $50. Add $2 for additional $50 insured value.
Eg. To insure for $92, add $5+2=$7 to the total. To insure for $150, add $5+2+2= $9 to the total.

Because the items are sent via regular Air Mail, there is no tracking facilities available.

Please send non credit card Paypal or positive balance Paypal. If paying by CC Paypal, the prices are $14.50, $33.40 and $50.90 respectively. Send CC Paypal. There is no change in the postage rate. Kindly itemise your order and include your CPF handle. Any questions, feel free to email me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif or ask here.

FITMENT GUIDE:
-----------------------
Hotlips-D
Black body: snug (need sanding of the ID of the OAD opening)
Silver body: snug (need sanding of the ID of the OAD opening)
Red body: perfect
Blue body: perfect
Green: perfect
Pewter: perfect

Hotlips-C
Black body: perfect
Silver body: perfect
Pewter body: perfect

Hotlips-C with Sleeve
Black body: perfect
Silver body: perfect

HOTLIPS SPECIAL - CLOSED

Since the modding season is coming up (oh, was it the jolly season /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), I am doing a Hotlips Xmas special:

For any CPFer who has previously bought a Hotlips heatsink from me directly, you will get a FREE Hotlips-C or Hotlips-D if you order 3 heatsinks. That is, pay for 3 and get 1 extra one free. $48 for any 4 Hotlips ordered, using non CC Paypal (or $49.50 for CC Paypal), shipped to you ANYWHERE.

For any Hotlips newbies, as an enticement, you will also get a free Hotlips-C or Hotlips-D if you order 3 heatsinks. How good is that!

This offer will end on the weekend of Dec 11th-12th so that your order will arrive before Christmas. Given Christmas mail is usually delayed closer to the day, you should order well before the end of this offer to make sure it does get to you in time.

Go forth and mod(ify) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and seasons greetings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

Paypal details are available in the first post.

HOTLIPS SPECIAL - CLOSED

hotlips_family.jpg

hotlipsD1b.jpg

hotlipsD1-conf1.jpg

hotlipsD1-conf2.jpg

Here are some pics of the hotlips going into the Mag. Note that I have not removed the switching mechanism to remove the bulb holder. When that is done, the hotlips will simply drop in (without needing any force as the picture shows).

hotlipsDinMag1a.jpg

Standard D size mag, serial # D3023884521

hotlipsDinMag1b.jpg

Hotlips dropped in (without removing bulb holder)

hotlipsDinMag1c.jpg

Hotlips pushed in to show the level of the heatsink relative to the rim of the Mag -- flush!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Last edited:

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: Premium Heatsinks for the Mag.

so...what do you guys think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh..

Paypal Sent!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: Sasha, we really need a drooling graemlin...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad you like it Choua /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hark!
PP has been sent (for 1 HS)...

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let me weight the package/envelope.

***EDIT: Can fit in up to ~10 (!!) at same postage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for your PP Choua! Posting it today for you!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

OOh...

PP for 3 more comin' in about 10 mins...

There ye go.. Complete...

finboy1672

Newly Enlightened

Beautiful - a very impressive design. It's amazing what CPFers come up with. Paypal sent.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you finboy1672. Will be in today's post in ~2 hrs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are greats heatsink
I used one and liked it. The price is great also.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Very nice design, obviously more than a single separate machining operation involved. Thanks for making it available to the modders at CPF.

Now if only you could get them made in a "C" size I might be in, too. Again, very nice Howie!

moraino

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
so...what do you guys think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the best that i've seen. Two thumbs up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mike451

Newly Enlightened

Hotbeam,

Paypal sent for two of the Hotlips heatsinks at ~10:30 PM Pacific Standard Time.

Is this alloy the one the overclockers are using on their CPUs?

Thank you for pulling this together! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

--Mike

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Mike

PP received. Thank you. Will be in the mail in ~1.5 hrs.

Not sure what alloys are used on top of CPUs though. Can anyone shed more light on this? I used AL 2011 because of its machinability. AL 1095, etc... would have put the prices up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hotbeam

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Very nice design, obviously more than a single separate machining operation involved. Thanks for making it available to the modders at CPF.

Now if only you could get them made in a "C" size I might be in, too. Again, very nice Howie!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mr B

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Credit must also go to Rothrandir as well. Regarding fitting a C Mag, lets talk.

jtice

Flashaholic

Excellent work guys. Its about time someone has made some easily avalible GOOD heat sinks.
If the expert himself hadn't already made me one,,, I'd be ordering one.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

go ahead and order ticey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
i haven't made you one like this yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif