Just got my Lumens Factory IMR-E2 for my Surefire E2e!!! *updated with beamshots*

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say enough good about this lamp assembly. I can't believe what a flamethrower my old E2e is now! It really is similar to having the output of a P91 in an E2e!!! This thing is soooo cool it's almost mind blowing! I'm having way too much fun for a flashlight in the daytime. Definitely the ultimate upgrade for my EDC light. What will they think of next? :D

Last edited:

mrartillery

Enlightened
Re: Just got my Lumens Factory IMR-E2 for my Surefire E2e this afternoon!!!

Yea i agree, i got the IMR-9 for my Solarforce L2 awhile back, super bright for the size of the light. Runs on 2 IMR 123's for about 9min, but those 9 mintues are pretty cool for such a small light. Lumens factory claims 500 lumens, and its pretty close id say.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've put the IMR-E2 up against my unfrosted EO-9 lamps in a C3 with two AW17500's and a C2 with two IMR16340's and the IMR-E2 is winning hands down in overall output.

Last edited:

knightrider

Enlightened

Nice! I want to try the IMR-E2 someday too.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't say enough good about this lamp assembly. I can't believe what a flamethrower my old E2e is now! I really is similar to having the output of a P91 in an E2e!!! This thing is soooo cool it's almost mind blowing! I'm having way too much fun for a flashlight in the daytime. Definitely the ultimate upgrade for my EDC light. What will they think of next? :D
I really want to get one of these for my E2e, but I'm a little worried about the tailcap spring handling the amperage. Are you worried about that, or do you just run it in quick bursts?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I already have a P91 and IMR setup, but I have an old E2e with the Z52 twisty that I have been contemplating for use with the IMR-E2. I might just pick one up next time I order.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really want to get one of these for my E2e, but I'm a little worried about the tailcap spring handling the amperage. Are you worried about that, or do you just run it in quick bursts?
It draws only up to 2A from 2x16340 IMRs, which is pretty safe for clickies.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you sure about that? Because the Z57 only handles up to about 1 amp with the stock MN03. But the Z58/59/48/49 were all designed for the use of a P91. There aren't any Surefire E-series lamp assemblies or LED heads that draw much over an amp that I know of. I was reading in another post where somebody mentioned there is a thin wire inside of the Z57 clicky mechanism that gets smoked, but I've never opened one of the mechanisms inside of the newer revision models myself, I don't even have one right now to look at, I have all twisties for all my E-series currently. The newer revision clicky internals are all sealed up, the older ones you could pull apart into many pieces.

*Edit* Here it is, Leuko's post in the clicky thread below

One other consideration, if anyone here owns an older E2 with the lexan lens, you might not want to run the IMR lamp, because the lexan lens might melt. I'd probably stick to the EO-E2R at most with one of those.

All the newer hex bezels should have glass.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

REQUESTED BEAMSHOTS!

The contenders from left to right:
1. Surefire E2e-CJ with original SF MN03 lamp assembly and two SF CR123A cells.
2. Surefire C3 Centurion, unfrosted Lumen's Factory EO-9 lamp assembly on two AW P17500's.
3. Surefire C2, unfrosted Lumen's Factory EO-9 lamp assembly with two AW IMR16340 cells.
4. Surefire E2e Executive with Lumen's Factory IMR-E2 lamp assembly and two AW IMR16340's.
5. Surefire E2e Executive with SF MN02 lamp assembly and two SF CR123A cells.

100_0129_resize.jpg

Surefire E2e with MN02 lamp assembly on two SF CR123A's (about 90%).

100_0131_resize.jpg

Surefire E2e-CJ with MN03 lamp assembly on two SF CR123A's (about 90%).

100_0132_resize.jpg

Surefire C3 Centurion with unfrosted Lumen's Factory EO-9 lamp assembly on two AW P17500's.

100_0134_resize.jpg

Surefire C2 with unfrosted Lumen's Factory EO-9 lamp assembly on two AW IMR16340's.

100_0135_resize.jpg

Surefire E2e with Lumen's Factory IMR-E2 lamp assembly on two AW IMR16340's.

100_0136_resize.jpg

And yes, my light is hanging crooked..

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man that's bright! Where's my sunglasses? :eek:

Nice lights to. What are those cool camo packs in front of the lights?

Thanks, I really like those lights. The round body C3 is a very early one. It's semi-retired now, but it's still one of my main go-to lights. Just wish those IMR17500's would come out so I'd feel better about running the EO-9 or throw an IMR-9 in it. ;) The round body C2 is an original Laser Products marked one and is pretty much my nightstand shelf queen light. Those are old Surefire 6 horizontal holsters from the 80's and 90's. I usually keep the E2-CJ in the small one and the C3 in the larger one with six spare batteries.

Last edited:

knightrider

Enlightened
Those are nice looking lights for sure. Drool worthy stuff.

Nice holsters! Seems like I'm always finding out about something SF I didn't know about before. You're a refined flashlight collector that has some diverse stuff that's for sure.

I'll get that IMR-E2 sometime. So impressed with that setup.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine never got that bright, which is why I sold the lamp and batteries to someone else. Found out it was my charger which was only going up to 4.0 V

Sampolainen

Newly Enlightened
Surprisingly noticeable difference between the IMR9 when powered by IMR123 and LiCo17500. I'd have thought that the larger cells would have matched them IMR's in powerdelivery at this level but apparently not. Impressive stuff from such a small package. Thanks for the beamshots

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the awesome beamshots!!:thumbsup:

I really want to pull the trigger on this, and found a Z52 E2e twisty tailcap for sale on CPFMP today (what are the odds..) - but someone beat me to it!! :banghead:

Anyone want to sell their Z52??..................:mecry:

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I really like those two round-body C's - my treasured C3 is a round body (3-flats) of serial # 5xxx, but it's still later than the 'crosshairs' units. :)

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine never got that bright, which is why I sold the lamp and batteries to someone else. Found out it was my charger which was only going up to 4.0 V

There isn't much of a noticeable difference between the IMR-E2 on two freshly charged cells and at 4.0V to my eyes.

Surprisingly noticeable difference between the IMR9 when powered by IMR123 and LiCo17500. I'd have thought that the larger cells would have matched them IMR's in powerdelivery at this level but apparently not. Impressive stuff from such a small package. Thanks for the beamshots

Those were both EO-9's I tested from the unfrosted bulbs run. I did accidently label the bottom one as IMR-9 at first, but later corrected it to E2-IMR. I'm going to swap the two IMR's to the C3 with a dummy cell and put the two P17500's into the C2 with an extender and see what the results are, too rule out any differences between the two bulbs.

Yea, the smaller lithium cobalt cells are just not as good in incandescent applications and I have reservations against even using the larger cells because they just have more resistance overall and then of course there's the other issues with lithium cobalt cells like amp hours and damaging cells.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yea i agree, i got the IMR-9 for my Solarforce L2 awhile back, super bright for the size of the light. Runs on 2 IMR 123's for about 9min, but those 9 mintues are pretty cool for such a small light. Lumens factory claims 500 lumens, and its pretty close id say.

By the way, try it on two IMR18500's in a three cell FM or Leef body, your runtime should nearly triple. :)