• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Show Off Your Polished Brass Peaks

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The great contour of the AAA Baltic is perfect for polishing:

PeakBaltic.jpg

MWClint

Enlightened
Matterhorn.
De-knurled, polished, high cri seoul led, 15mah boost circuit.
using the warm 3000K seoul (not neutral white)...led tint matches the
brass nicely. It's quite beat up now, since it's been riding on my keychain for
over a year, but it's still going strong. Here's a pic when it was still fresh.

sm.jpg

P7, Rainer, Bi-Flupic(low-med-hi-strobe), IMR. I carry this one when all
dressed up. It's starting to show some wear around the bezel.
rainierp7.jpg

rainierp7-2.jpg

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
P7, Rainer, Bi-Flupic(low-med-hi-strobe), IMR. I carry this one when all
dressed up. It's starting to show some wear around the bezel.
rainierp7.jpg

P7 looks SWEET...think there is a GITD oring in there also if I am not mistaken......

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Robyn and Curt, in case you're listening, a Baltic with a warm or neutral Rebel or Cree emitter would be very nice.:twothumbs

Just spoke with Curt who informed me that brass Baltic bodies, both AAA and 2XAAA, are now available, and that they can be ordered with an XP-G (in any of the eight standard power levels) and a medium optic. :twothumbs

choombak

Enlightened
I second Electronguru's question: What's the polishing process?

Get a tin bottle of Brasso polish. Apply some on a clean piece of soft cloth and rub it on the body of the peak. Apply some more, and continue rubbing till you get that sparkling shine.

-Amarendra

choombak

Enlightened
Sounds simple enough. Thanks! :thumbsup:

It is, and takes less time if you regularly polish it. Just a note - after getting that shine, use the dry end of the cloth to remove any remaining traces of the polish. I am sure you will love the way it looks after polishing - I don't feel like touching it for sometime in the fear of leaving smudge marks. :)

-Amarendra

rider

Newly Enlightened
Just spoke with Curt who informed me that brass Baltic bodies, both AAA and 2XAAA, are now available, and that they can be ordered with an XP-G (in any of the eight standard power levels) and a medium optic. :twothumbs

Wouldn't it be great if the Eiger and Baltic specs and CADs could be easily compared, say on a website or something... :whistle:

It's always 15 minutes of searching old threads, etc. to find anything.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any pricing info?
What's the head diameter for the Eiger?
It sounds like these will be comparable lights (Eiger & Baltic XP-G), unless one uses a different optic.

Sorry... I probably should start a new thread.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the head diameter for the Eiger? It sounds like these will be comparable lights (Eiger & Baltic XP-G), unless one uses a different optic.

The head diameter of the Eiger is .53" or 13.5mm, same as the Matterhorn, while that of the Baltic is .62" or 15.7mm. (See MWClint's sticky). I doubt there would be any performance differences at all between the new Baltic and the Eiger.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second Electronguru's question: What's the polishing process?

I have tried three different methods on my brass Peaks:

First, Brasso, using Choombak's procedures, which always work well.

But, always hoping for more shine (having seen pictures of MWClint's work, which is incomparable), I next tried a three-step process using progressively finer polishing compounds on cotton buffing wheels. The results seemed better, but it was a fair amount of work and perhaps not worth the effort.

Then a friend of mine - an auto painting ace - gave me part of an old bottle of some as yet unidentified auto body polishing compound. It's a viscous, liquid paste with (I think) some fairly aggressive abrasives that might even wear away light knurling for all I know. If I can find out what it is, I'll post it, because it's the best stuff I've tried. Put a little on a buffing wheel and WOW... a brilliant shine in a few minutes! It's just one step. I had to go through a court security check today, and the guard asked me, "Where'd you get that gold light?"

Curt R

Enlightened
Dances made a statement that the brass single and double AAA bodies are now available, (post #7), for the Baltic with a XP-G LED. The Baltic head style was used with the Seoul P4 LED. The Shasta head is used with the XP-G LED. Those can be ordered from RMSK and we will drop ship them.

Curt